Wokingham(ish) Pub Meet - April '12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitelighter

Visit site
Thursday 19th of April

Right,

Over due for a pub meet. Due to requests from a few 'regulars' we are going to try shifting the day back to a Thursday.

And try a different pub.

Next meet will be at the Foresters Arms, Bagshot, Surrey. Easy access from both the M3 and M4 for those travelling a bit further, plus its a proper pub and has a good menu of traditional pub grub (think pies etc)

Map and details here

Let me know if you can make it so I can give the pub rough numbers.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Visit site
Just got a PM from you Jez
Thanks
Sorry cant make it this time but please keep us on your list.
We are off to the boat on Saturday for a couple of weeks so bit bust sorthing things out before we go.

Have fun
Mike and Mary

djefabs

Visit site
Right,

Over due for a pub meet. Due to requests from a few 'regulars' we are going to try shifting the day back to a Thursday.

And try a different pub.

Next meet will be at the Foresters Arms, Bagshot, Surrey. Easy access from both the M3 and M4 for those travelling a bit further, plus its a proper pub and has a good menu of traditional pub grub (think pies etc)

Map and details here

Let me know if you can make it so I can give the pub rough numbers.

Thanks Jez, look forward to seeing you.

Chas25

Visit site
I got the date wrong in the title.

It's a week Thursday, April 19th

Ok, well in that case we change from a "might be able to pop along late" to a "B@gg$r we can't make it" :(

Hopefully next time.. hope all enjoy the new venue!!

Charlie & CA

JKay

Visit site
To allow more people to attend, the date will be a day earlier:

Wednesday April18th

I was going to pop in on Thursday but on Wed I'm at Wokefeild Park at a dinner with you know who(spinning propeller logo)have a great time all

Chas25

Visit site
Don't worry - you haven't missed the May meeting.....................coz no-one has organised one yet! :D:D

Well pub crawls the calibre of last month’s take a bit of planning ;)

No idea where we are in the month, what day we're working towards or even what town... never mind picking a pub!!!!

Happy to loosely throw a plan together if there is any interest???

Could do Wed/Thurs this week or next week.. any takers??

Pinnacle

Visit site
Well pub crawls the calibre of last month’s take a bit of planning ;)

No idea where we are in the month, what day we're working towards or even what town... never mind picking a pub!!!!

Happy to loosely throw a plan together if there is any interest???

Could do Wed/Thurs this week or next week.. any takers??

This week and next week are both ok for me.

Just need to find a pub that sells food as well as drink.......;):D

DEIT ps Chas, you need a new avatar!

Hurricane

Visit site
How about a Wokingham meet in Torquay.
Oh - no actually wont work for me either - perhaps one in Spain then :D

Have fun wherever you have one.
Please keep us informed we are still often in the actual Wokingham area.
Mike

Chas25

Visit site
Ok, well with so many fine suggestions for venues I'm not sure how we're going to choose.. So I will kick off with a date, next Thursday 24th May.

Discounting Spain as being a bit far for a beer and food for an evening, options suggested plus a couple of extra’s are:

The Ely on the A30 near Blackbush
Somewhere in Wokingham.. I only know 1 pub! Derek anywhere you would like to put forward?
The Wellington Arms which has been our haunt for the last year or so
The Quays in Mychett - a bit boaty as you get to watch the odd wake-boarder on the lake which may inspire me to be stupid and jump in to the solent to be dragged behind a speeding rib wondering why my arms feel like they're about to be detached from my body!!!

If people could respond with preferences + if they can make it I’ll book a table

Thanks
Charlie

djefabs

Visit site
Ok, well with so many fine suggestions for venues I'm not sure how we're going to choose.. So I will kick off with a date, next Thursday 24th May.

Discounting Spain as being a bit far for a beer and food for an evening, options suggested plus a couple of extra’s are:

The Ely on the A30 near Blackbush
Somewhere in Wokingham.. I only know 1 pub! Derek anywhere you would like to put forward?
The Wellington Arms which has been our haunt for the last year or so
The Quays in Mychett - a bit boaty as you get to watch the odd wake-boarder on the lake which may inspire me to be stupid and jump in to the solent to be dragged behind a speeding rib wondering why my arms feel like they're about to be detached from my body!!!

If people could respond with preferences + if they can make it I’ll book a table

Thanks
Charlie

Hi Chas
I would be up for it on Thursday 24th. not really bothered about the venue but would probably chose The Wellington in Sandhurst. Fairly local to most and the grub wasn't bad. will keep my eye on the forum to see where we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.