Winter upgrades to the boat

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Planning a few (costly) jobs to the boat this winter.
The canopies need replacing after 10 years, so will probably get them done by Mac Hoods again. I also need to replace all the original cockpit vinyl on the S23, as there are now quite a few rips and damaged areas. Will probably go for a more modern material.
Can anyone recommend a company to do this as I wouldn’t know where to start?

CJL

Visit site
We are using BoatyBits (previously know as CutnCover) to do 3 boat covers for us.
The prices were sensible, they use the Sunbrella fabric which appears to have a good warranty and we had two recommendations for them. Despite being in Poole they seem to be up here quite often and after seeing us in Wallingford they went on to two more boats down at Henley after us. The chap there is called Wayne.
Home - BoatyBits

Chris_d

Visit site
You need to start begging about 6 months before you think you need a new canopy, they are all terrible at responding and Mac Hoods have a bad rep near me. Could try Bailey and Stone who do at least reply but your unlikely to get anything before March as they are currently flat out.

Chris_d

Visit site
Don't worry about not using a local supplier, there are loads of good ones out there around the coast that are much more competitive and travel to the Thames all the time. In my experience Thames added Tax is over 50% for a canopy. Make sure you get two quotes.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Anyone had any dealings with Thames Covers based at Shepperton? I rang them today and they have responded back within a few hours with a quote and details of a proposed schedule. Very good response, quite unlike any other Thames based company! ?
Anyone know about them