Winter storage in the time of Corona

sighmoon

Visit site
It looks like we're not going to be moving our boat from her winter mooring to her summer mooring for some time to come.

Are the marina entitled to charge us as a short term summer visitor rather than pro-rating the winter rate, or even allowing the stay as part of the paid for winter storage?

I've called them to check and they haven't formed a position on it yet. Just wondering if anybody knows what rights we might have.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
No rights, only obligations. Dartmouth Harbour board are in a holding pattern.

What does that mean?
I’m a little peeved with them. They have a boat on my as of today, ex mooring, I can’t move back until goodness knows when, but Dart Nav either want me to pay for a berth holiday, a small matter of £1200 to not use the mooring for the year but retain the right to retain it for 2021. It’s called a berthing holiday. I don’t consider what’s happening a holiday!! So reluctantly after 11 years on the river i have given up my berth, whilst also feeling a little peeved at the inflexibility of Dart Nav.

steveeasy

Visit site
What does that mean?
I’m a little peeved with them. They have a boat on my as of today, ex mooring, I can’t move back until goodness knows when, but Dart Nav either want me to pay for a berth holiday, a small matter of £1200 to not use the mooring for the year but retain the right to retain it for 2021. It’s called a berthing holiday. I don’t consider what’s happening a holiday!! So reluctantly after 11 years on the river i have given up my berth, whilst also feeling a little peeved at the inflexibility of Dart Nav.

Hi Longjohnsilver,
Your boat is currently out the water then but due to the closures you cant get back on to your summer mooring. Your going to be charged where you currently are, even though you dont want to be there. Dart Nav want you to pay the standard 1200 to reserve your mooring for next year while they let it at a higher rate this year while you pay the £ 1200.
They could easily reduce the £1200 as the situation is not your making and quite exceptional. Given they might have made more letting it this year temporarily and charging you 1200 , I think they are being unreasonable. you have been there quite a few years. Id right to them and to the RYA,

They could have been a bit more helpful surely.

Good Luck.
Steveeasy