Winter Lock Closures

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Yep, mine arrived today as well.

Looks like I won't be able to get upstream of Penton Hook between 1st November and 16th February (three and a half months)or below Shepperton between 20th November and 1st December or below Molesey between 8th Jan and 23rd Feb.....

Am I in danger of becoming a GOM? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alistairedw

Visit site
Just to add to the restrictions, down here we have the 'draw off' period from October 29th to November 26th when the PLA keep Richmond half lock open and the Richmond to Teddington stretch becomes fully tidal.

Given the current low water levels down here this is going to make life interesting!

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Just to add to the restrictions, down here we have the 'draw off' period from October 29th to November 26th when the PLA keep Richmond half lock open and the Richmond to Teddington stretch becomes fully tidal.

Given the current low water levels down here this is going to make life interesting!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but you don't need a licence down there, do you? So you can't really complain cos its free anyway /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alistairedw

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Ah, but you don't need a licence down there, do you? So you can't really complain cos its free anyway

[/ QUOTE ]
Rumour has it that the PLA would like to introduce charges at some point in the future.

TrueBlue

Visit site
Aj BUT,

You're not paying for a license to use the river; merely a Registration fee, so EA don't have to give you any facilities at all for your money.

Clever innit?

There's also something about a "right to navigation"......

byron

RIP
Visit site
See if you can find a mooring below Days for that period and ask EA for a contribution to the mooring fee. Or better yet ask for a Chinook 'copter to lift you over the lock as and when you need it. On that score try to be reasonable, tell them you will give 1 hours notice. Alternatively.. there's some nice moorings going in at Moulsford at about £1,200 pa (or £400 for the winter) for a boat your size.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Aj BUT,

[ QUOTE ]
You're not paying for a license to use the river; merely a Registration fee, so EA don't have to give you any facilities at all for your money.

Clever innit?

There's also something about a "right to navigation"......

[/ QUOTE ]

Bear in mind that you can still use that section with the Tides and it is a healthy way of flushing that section of the river.

Chris_d

Visit site
New moorings at Moulsford, where are they then? I know some of those new flats opposite you were either selling or renting, but the one I was put onto wanted £400 a month... nearly wasn't very polite /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
New moorings at Moulsford, where are they then? I know some of those new flats opposite you were either selling or renting, but the one I was put onto wanted £400 a month... nearly wasn't very polite /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

These are above the school but below the railway bridge.

DogsBody

Visit site
I must be at the bottom of the EA's list - only received mine yesterday.

Having been stuck between Bovney and Boulters for much of last winter, I now find I'm stuck between Bray and Penton Hook for much of this one. Can't believe we are expect to pay more money to get less time on the river?

Still at least Bray is getting out of hours power, now all they have to do is make it 6 foot wider and twice as long!

DogsBody.

Hirdsp

Visit site
You are a miserable bunch aren't you!! The EA are spending money on our river to make things better for us allegedly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

apollo

Visit site
Nah, they are bricking it in case someone sues them under Health and Safety!

You never know, someone might trip over one of those rotten walkways and hurt themselves.

EA couldnt give a stuff about what we need, if they did you would have seen a dredger in the last ten years!

Other threads that may be of interest