Wine Tasting - discount

Sailfree

Visit site
During my last visit a few weeks ago I arranged a Wine tasting and discount with Normandy wines. I trust this will meet with the approval of most!!

Both Normandy wines and (when it was open) Majestic Wines used to always let my crew have a wine tasting but I have heard complaints about UK sailors that use the tasting to get drunk and finally buy little or no wine. Hopefully this will be an added attraction to the Scuttlebutt cruise but its sucess depends on none of us taking the michael!

The initial plan is for a group tasting at 12.00 on the Saturday and they are offering 10% discount on all sales. Normandy wines arrange delivery to each boat (better than Majestic who only arranged a taxi to the top of the pontoon gangway).

I will send Normany wines the list of boats attending so that latecomers to the event should still get a discount by mentioning their boat name.

On one rough crossing home one of my crew's daughter came on deck and informed us that she had fallen out of the top bunk. We were all worried until we realised that the crates of wine reached up to within 1" of the top bunk. See - buying wine can be benificial for your health!!

Can you let me know if you are interested in the wine tasting or a wine purchasing visit so that I can advise them of likely numbers.

Normandy wines are now situated on the road to the East of the Carrifour supermarket.

Last edited:

prv

Visit site
I don't drink a great deal of wine, but at the prices quoted it seems daft not to stock up, and if I'm going to buy cases of something then I'd want to try it first.

Pete

masterofnone

Visit site
wine tasting

swmbo and I would like to attend please. My water tanks are divideable into 2@500lt. Do they supply by bulk tanker? red and white. I'll put a few jerry cans in for the water, we won't need much.

Sailfree

Visit site
Just contacted Normandy Wines. Lost Dennis e mail address. Once they reply will send list of boats. Suggest wine tasting for most will be 12.00 but with list of boats I am sure Dennis will extend his offer for rest of day!