Wild Song

jesterchallenger

Visit site
Thanks for highlighting that, most enjoyable. It makes me want to jump aboard and head off over the horizon without further delay, but sadly I'm destined to be mostly shorebound this year. I enjoyed his book Last Man Across the Atlantic, so I suspect this one will be an equally good read, despite the sad circumstances that prompted it.

Gargleblaster

Visit site
Thanks for highlighting that, most enjoyable. It makes me want to jump aboard and head off over the horizon without further delay, but sadly I'm destined to be mostly shorebound this year. I enjoyed his book Last Man Across the Atlantic, so I suspect this one will be an equally good read, despite the sad circumstances that prompted it.
Duncan, I also really enjoyed his 'Last Man Across the Atlantic'. I met Mrs Woodman a few years ago at a sailing dinner in Gerrards Cross and suggested she make some fruit cakes for me, but I'm still waiting unfortunately. Heiney/Purves and the Woodmans were great mates with Mike Richie as well.

Visit site
I've been working on Wild Song today as Paul gets ready for his new adventures.

Good afternoon, sort of yacht is she? I know he had a nice Biscay 36 previously, presumably it wasn't considered suitable for Cape Horn.

Google says a Vic 38, any alterations for the Horn out of interest? thanks LD

Last edited:

Javelin

www.Southwoldboatyard.co.uk
Yes she's a Vic 38.
I'm sure Paul can fill you in better re the mods however tankage on the vic is not great so there is an extra fuel tank, water maker, solar and a towed genny.
She's cutter rigged which gives options with sail plan and a secret weapon in the prop department that i'm not divulging.

We took the keel off and replaced it along with some other things like new standing rigging.
Some of this story can be seen
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?426083-What-lessons-for-this-week/page14 and some earlier pages.