Wide boots

PabloPicasso

Visit site
I need a pair of sailing boots, but need a wide fitting as I have. Bunyan on my left foot. My Dubarrys are on their last legs afte many years of great service.

Any recommendations for wide fitting around the toes to accommodate my bony lump?
I'm sure I cant be the only sailor thus afflicted.

(I'm currently using a pair of 20quid rigger boots that work well, and are fur lined to. I put a soe stretcher in for a few days before wearing and it's worked a treat)
With thanks for anyone who can suggest a good boot.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
When I went shopping for boots a couple of years ago the only boots that were available in both regular and wide sizes were the Dubarry Ultima.

Force4 were very helpful, allowing me to try on every kind of boot in the store (and even provided thicker socks with which to try them) and no other boot was as comfortable as the Dubarry wide fit.

I ended up with a pair of Gill 914's as they were the last pair in stock at Quay West chandlers and discounted to £50, but they're quite tight and can be very hard to pull on.

VicS

Visit site
I need a pair of sailing boots, but need a wide fitting as I have. Bunyan on my left foot. My Dubarrys are on their last legs afte many years of great service.
He was an English writer best known as the author of The Pilgrim's Progress.

Perhaps you meant bunion. :)

Sorry cannot help with the boots. I cant wear boots at all apart from wellies

Biggles Wader

Visit site

Any recommendations for wide fitting around the toes to accommodate my bony lump?
I'm sure I cant be the only sailor thus afflicted.

(I'm currently using a pair of 20quid rigger boots that work well, and are fur lined to. I put a soe stretcher in for a few days before wearing and it's worked a treat)
With thanks for anyone who can suggest a good boot.
Do the £20 rigger boots give good grip and are they waterproof? If so can you post a link to where you got them.
BTW Id just keep them if they work well.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
I bought a pair of portwest rigger boots. They're fur lined and not bad for 20quid. I did use a shoe stretcher inserted to expand the material over the buyon/bunion area which has worked well. I've sailed in them a couple of times, but not tested them in the wet yet. I've not noticed any grip problems with the soles, but they are bigger and feel clompier than my dubarry boots did.

Googling rigger boots produced many hits, there are many brands.