Why arm power and no pedals this time?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Continually grinding to supply power seems weird to me. If they need the power give them batteries or just ban it..

We might get a tech trickle down if they could have a weight limited battery bank.
Weight limited battery banks are established technolog and the costs would be lost in the noise of the solicitors' fees. What we need are cost limited battery banks, and racing is unlikely to develop these.

Pete7

Visit site
I am rather taken with the sailing. Overlaps, safe leewards, luffing, covering- it all seems to be there.
You play chess and bridge no doubt :)

My take on it is the public, particularly women, want to see big muscled blokes working hard, just like Rugby.

Wansworth

Visit site
Surely they could be sailed by three men/women using power supplied by a motor of fixed capacity supplying power to whatever type of power requires,hydraulic or electric

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Surely they could be sailed by two men/women using power supplied by a motor of fixed capacity supplying power to whatever type of power requires,hydraulic or electric

I think perhaps they could be sailed by two people with powered winches and a battery of computers and sensors, but I don’t think they could be raced that way. There are two headsail trimmers, a mainsail trimmer, a flight controller and so on. Most of us can sail our boats with two people but we can’t race them with two.