Which mail handling service for long-term cruisers?

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
There used to be a small company, in Gloucester I think, who would accept mail, at a normal-sounding house address (not a PO Box) and forward it to a poste-restante or marina, wherever you happened to be. Pre-internet.
I can't remember the name, and there seem to be lots of start-ups offering this kind of service today. Does anyone else use these companies, and are there any recommendations, or firms to avoid? Just for private, personal use. Thanks for any tips.

Robin

Visit site
There used to be a small company, in Gloucester I think, who would accept mail, at a normal-sounding house address (not a PO Box) and forward it to a poste-restante or marina, wherever you happened to be. Pre-internet.
I can't remember the name, and there seem to be lots of start-ups offering this kind of service today. Does anyone else use these companies, and are there any recommendations, or firms to avoid? Just for private, personal use. Thanks for any tips.

EXPAT www.expat.uk did and still do a good job for us, worked for banking but not credit cards, drivers licence also ok

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Could you be thinking of Ghost Mail? They are in Kington, Herefordshire - the next county to Gloucestershire.

Seems to be run by a couple, although have corresponded with another lady (their daughter?); they are very friendly and helpful, and give a regular address on Bridge Street.