Where was everyone this weekend

nickcred

Visit site
Just bak home from the weekends cruising and wishing I was still there and had next week off.

The sun shone, the sky was blue, the engine behaved. We cruised from Datchet to Marlow and never had more than 4 boats in the lock with us up and downstream. It was glorious.

So where was everyone?- at Byron's? (hope it went well Byron) or have the proposed EA 12% increases scared people off the river already?

alruss

Visit site
Quite a few boats at Surbiton for R N L I rally, no mention of this anual event to raise funds for the river lifeboats on this forum. Could be an event to patronise next year.

theguvnor

Visit site
very few boats Cookham - Hurley. Sunshine, moderate breeze and not 1 sailing boat (Cookham - Marlow) what kind of weather do these guys want? The raggies only come out in packs, usually in a dead calm.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
I was working saturday but had sunday off couldnt go for a long trip ie to byrons so decided to head down to london, we left at about 3 and off we go coming out from our mooring on the river crane is tricky as you come into the thames you hit the tidal current going in reverse, yesterday the tide was strong got out no problem but when I went to put it into forward drive the engine stalled very quickly we were taken by the current into the residental moorings with a bit of a thump. not a good start !!

Engine started again ok and we are under way the weather is nice and the river is very quiet going at 4 to 8 knts we pass Brentford Dock ( DOES ANYONE THERE EVER VENTURE OUT ? ) downt through there are raggies out having fun and a few robos from chiswick to putney we have to negotiate the usual large floating obstacles ( must do a thread on this ) at wandsworth we open the trottle up and quickly we are cruising at 20 knts towards the city just past battersey though we run out of time and turn about for our trip home still at 20 knts some MUPPETS cut dangerously across our bow and I narrowly avoid collision .

past putney we tuck in behind the distant star for a liesurely plod when the same MUPPETS come wiZZing past us on the plane

speeding.jpg

As you can see it is hammersmith and it is close to the pontoons another pic

speeding1.jpg

after a quick stop for refreshments we head on back to our mooring arriving just in time for tea.

And that was my weekend

Hirdsp

Visit site
Arrived too late on Saturday to go cruising, as we went on Showboat at harleyford for pm nosebag. So just moored up at the weir and had drinks in the sun.....wonderful. Even better, stayed overnight and woke at 7pm to the sound of rain. I left the side of boat off, so got up to put the side back on when the heavens opened. Sat and watch the storm as it passed.....I love storms when I am moored up. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif