Where to source white faced marine ply?

jollysailor17

Visit site
I was aboard a Frances 26 the other day and thought the white faced ply around the galley a good idea. It looked like formica on ply, definitely not painted. I asked around but no one seems to know where I can buy it. Could some helpful soul point me towards a supplier? Thanks

laika

Visit site
Have a chat with Shore Laminates. Not convenient for North Wales but maybe they deliver or could suggest an alternative.

I was trying to find black formica-faced ply to replace an instrument panel with lots of old cut-outs. Everyone said "try signwriters" but that wasn't very fruitful. The minimum size panel Shore would do ready made was bigger than I needed (10'x4' IIRC or maybe 10x5) but in the end we got a roll of the laminate (similar size, but easier to take on the bus) and laminated some onto an exterior ply offcut. I thought I could sell the rest to spread the cost but never found a buyer.

I had been looking for marine ply but was reassured by people more in the know about wood than I that for interior panels, cheaper exterior ply is fine.

nortonmotors

Visit site
To replace the tiling in my domestic shower, I used ply panels about 8mm thick which come with a range of laminate finishes on the 'wet' side (surely including white) and a laminate-looking skin on the 'dry' side. Very hard ply to saw, so probably very moisture resistant.
I think the name was 'Mermaid' and they came from a localshower/bathroom merchant.

Tranona

Visit site
If you are just doing small areas you can laminate your own. You can buy offcuts of laminate from kitchen worktop manufacturers. I got enough to do 500*600 both sides to match my galley top for a fiver, Cut it to shape myself and stuck with the industrial strength impact adhesive.

charles_reed

Visit site
If you are just doing small areas you can laminate your own. You can buy offcuts of laminate from kitchen worktop manufacturers. I got enough to do 500*600 both sides to match my galley top for a fiver, Cut it to shape myself and stuck with the industrial strength impact adhesive.
That's the simplest, cheapest way to go and relatively uncomplicated.