Where the feck are you?

Paul HD

Visit site
View attachment 114514
Ignore the rotation!

depends on the tide, this was Friday at 1800. There’s no charge as it’s a public beach.

My boat has very little draft so i lift the outboard and beach gently. Low tide I simply jump off the font and walk ( without getting wet !) high tide I just let it sit there whilst keeping a very close eye when the level falls. I don’t want to be THAT person that beaches it !

to keep it there I use the weight of the kedge with about 10 ft of chain (and about 10ft of rope) up the beach. It just sits there
mooring wise, it’s not great on our stretch. You can’t moor in Richmond so Steins is out unless you get take out and gently nudge the steps.

true pub mooring starts above Tedd sadly. I wouldn’t recommend The White Swan in anything other than a small open day boat.

Hope this helps
Very helpful. Thank you for your reply.

Cheers,
Paul.

Time Out

Visit site
One lock up and you can tie up ! Plus it was a very good Sunday lunch. Albany, Thames Ditton.

Attachments

• 76BF65D6-C4B3-4A8D-9541-9479D7FB7176.jpeg
    76BF65D6-C4B3-4A8D-9541-9479D7FB7176.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 10

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
There was a public mooring floating pontoon just up from Kew Bridge on the Brentford side until recently but unfortunately the canoe club complained it was dangerous and MSO was contracted to remove it must have been about 3 of years ago now. It was put in when the new housing went in a few years ago. Did not last long and now gone completely.

I did use it while it was still there and while it was a little closer to the bridge than one would want on a tideway it was quite handy.

I don't think it was actually used much so I suppose the canoeists had a louder voice at the end of the day.

I seem to recall the deck hardware was not very good and I would not want to moor one of my heavier boats there.

At the time I moored there I had a Colvic 20 which is quite a light boat.

Actionmat

Visit site
Are there any moorings near Richmond bridge? I would like to visit the German pub/restaurant called Stein and it would be great to moor close by.

Cheers,
Paul.

If you moor at Teddington Lock, it's a brisk 30min walk down the towpath to Richmond. If you're stopping overnight, on the Ham side of the lock, there's an excellent new Swiss Bakery and cafe just 10 minutes walk away.

Paul HD

Visit site
If you moor at Teddington Lock, it's a brisk 30min walk down the towpath to Richmond. If you're stopping overnight, on the Ham side of the lock, there's an excellent new Swiss Bakery and cafe just 10 minutes walk away.
Thanks, whats the name of the cafe, I will look it up on maps.?

Northern Star

Visit site
Out again for a week down to Hampton Court Palace and the river is still deserted. Lock keepers on at Chertsey and Shepperton so very fast cruising and more time for relaxation.

Time Out

Visit site
Ham has really opened up to the good folk of Teddington, these two bakeries have been the subject of much discussion !!

Northern Star

Visit site
Had a very nice quiet 7 day cruise last week down to Hampton Court Palace for two nights and the river is still very quiet.

Nice to see some lock keepers on duty and some times we had the moorings all to ourselves but with the nice company of some other well known river users at Shepperton.

Down side was the ever present green narrow boat hogging Laleham with no name or river licence displayed and no action to move it on as it has been there for several weeks again like it was last year and the year before but good to see a blue nameless/no licence narrow boat and a tug issued EA notices to move at Shepperton lock and both moved on to allow others to moor up.

Note that the DE signage at Hampton Court is still the old ones meaning you have to register on arrival and with just one sign along the huge mooring beware as there is just a blue P sign at one end and a very small sign elsewhere. It is a private mooring so the EA new rules don't apply but we paid out £8 for two nights and were pretty much alone to enjoy for all of our stay.

Some boats seem to have full A4 printed sheets for the 21 season licence on display but I could not see any boat names on them so I suspect some freeloaders are trying to pull as fast one and think just having a big 21 on display means they have paid but it should also have the boat name to be genuine.

Back out again next week and still puzzled why so many moaners say they have paid their river fees but still do not seem to be in the water enjoying the scenery. Each to their own and hopefully it will be remain quiet up river like it was last summer and the canal boats stay on the Grand Union etc.

TrueBlue

Visit site
Note that the DE signage at Hampton Court is still the old ones meaning you have to register on arrival and with just one sign along the huge mooring beware as there is just a blue P sign at one end and a very small sign elsewhere. It is a private mooring so the EA new rules don't apply but we paid out £8 for two nights and were pretty much alone to enjoy for all of our stay.
If anyone is agrieved about the HCP moorings (as far as the Palace was concerned when I asked them some time ago - the fee was only for the concrete bit wil mooring rings) -
Then contact the Superintendant Palace admin chap for what his contract with DE says....
FWIW the whole run of bankside from HCP to Kingston is Crown property and DE may have authority for fees for that length.
Overall it's a great shame that riparian owners have had to resort to car parking companies because of 'some folk's just camping-on' the banksides and treating it with contempt...

Paul HD

Visit site
Had a very nice quiet 7 day cruise last week down to Hampton Court Palace for two nights and the river is still very quiet.

Nice to see some lock keepers on duty and some times we had the moorings all to ourselves but with the nice company of some other well known river users at Shepperton.

Sounds fantastic. (y)

Scapegoat

Visit site
If anyone is agrieved about the HCP moorings (as far as the Palace was concerned when I asked them some time ago - the fee was only for the concrete bit wil mooring rings) -
Then contact the Superintendant Palace admin chap for what his contract with DE says....
FWIW the whole run of bankside from HCP to Kingston is Crown property and DE may have authority for fees for that length.
Overall it's a great shame that riparian owners have had to resort to car parking companies because of 'some folk's just camping-on' the banksides and treating it with contempt...
I’d have thought that any restrictions along Crown bank side would need to be signposted. It certainly is on the Datchet stretch - lots of no mooring signs. If the HCP bank side is under DE management, surely there should be appropriate signage outlining the T&C’s ?