Where is she now??

alastair2707

Visit site
Out of pure interest I was wondering where "PIOTA" , my late fathers yacht, is now. The last I knew of her was when dad sold her to someone in the Campbeltown area of the river Clyde. I spent many happy days cruising the west coast of Scotland with dad and my brother and hope the new owner, wherever they are, has as much enjoyment sailing her as we did.
140.jpg

alastair2707

Visit site
Doing some more research appears to show she was put up for sale again in 2013 from Campbeltown.
I cannot find anything after that!

Shuggy

Visit site
I remember Piota well and I am sorry to hear that your father is no longer with us. I have sailed on my friend’s previous boat - a Pioneer 10. She was an absolutely incredible yacht and gave our 43 footer a run for her money upwind. I hope you manage to find Piota.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Alastair, I remember seeing photos of Piota sailing powerfully with her cutter rig, and both headsails hanked on - very rare in today's world of roller furling headsails - and being mightily impressed.

In this thread your Dad mentioned an album of photos, but the link has disappeared - do you still have these photos?
At long last, Album on Pionier 10 'PIOTA' completed.

Last edited:

alastair2707

Visit site
Alastair, I remember seeing photos of Piota sailing powerfully with her cutter rig, and both headsails hanked on - very rare in today's world of roller furling headsails - and being mightily impressed.

In this thread your Dad mentioned an album of photos, but the link has disappeared - do you still have these photos?
At long last, Album on Pionier 10 'PIOTA' completed.
Yes, i have the "photos" but they had been inserted into word docs with the appropriate text.
So, i now have 60 no. word docs (28.4MB) but do not know how to make them available to any interested parties!!!

TLouth7

Visit site
Yes, i have the "photos" but they had been inserted into word docs with the appropriate text.
So, i now have 60 no. word docs (28.4MB) but do not know how to make them available to any interested parties!!!
The easiest thing would be to stick them in a google drive folder and share the link so anyone can view them. If you allow editing then some other kind soul could do the legwork of getting them into a more usable format (I'm not volunteering).

alastair2707

Visit site
The easiest thing would be to stick them in a google drive folder and share the link so anyone can view them. If you allow editing then some other kind soul could do the legwork of getting them into a more usable format (I'm not volunteering).
Thanks for that info.
I have made an attempt at doing that (not very computer savvy) and have got this link. Give it a try and let me know if you reach the pictures.
"PIOTA" – Google Drive