Where is everyone?

G

It's a bit like emerging from a bunker after a nuclear war! I know it's a bit more bother to post since the attack of the Sad Nerds, but where has everyone gone? Is there another site I haven't heard about? Or is everyone else out sailing??

G

Gone sailing

When they get back will depend upon the weather and facilities

G

Re: Gone sailing

he mushroom cloud has gone and all will be OK soon. Give it time for the BB to be as good as it was. A lot of us looked elsewhere when the "idiots" were on site. But we will all return. (General Mc.said that I think.)
Brian J

G

Re: They are all at...

Truly this judgement is subjective!! I think chintzy is more accurate, and all that picking of fluff from the navel.

Best news... The RCD thing is being shot down!

Worst news... It was 'er who had to tell us first!

G

That is absolute drivel Denbigh!

Firstly joining in on Steves "joke" (Yes Steve, everyone is "roaring" with laughter at your side splitting quips about net curtains and doillies), I really would have thought you could have been a bit creative yourself, or was that what you were doing in talking about navel fluff??

Subjective? perhaps an opinion expressed by an individual would be a more accurate assessment, and there do seem to be more of the old names on the BYM site than here would you not agree?

You state that the only good thing to come from the BYM site is the news on the RCD - I would suggest that it is a good job that Marian made the effort to motivate people into doing something about it wouldn't you? And your comment that it was a shame 'she' had to break the news?

Well Denbigh, that is what news is all about. Someone, somewhere will break the news first. Usually journalists with their ear to the ground tend to get first shout at such matters, (and is probably why it will not get mentioned here for some time to come!) I am sure that if you ask Steve very nicely, he will peep out from behind HIS net curtains and explain it all to you!

Visit site
Humour is often wasted on some people boys...

I have long been a disciple of the PC movement but often have dilemmas like :- do I let the door go in her face in a rude (albiet egalitarian) manner or hold it open and then get accused of sexism?

Can't win

Steve Cronin
TiC

G

Re: That is absolute drivel Denbigh!

I was referring to your adjective 'excellent' which is a subjective judgement - unlike Endy, who was using statistics, which are objective. My subjective judgement was in agreement with SC.

My remark about "'er breaking the news" was really tongue-in-cheek about predictability... actually, I admire Marian's efforts immensely .

It is clear that sarcasm, irony or other hard forms of 'wit' - are not PC, and no longer allowed by the thought-police, so DG will drop out of both this and the New Jerusalem.