Where can you get to?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Looking ahead to next season, it might be useful to identify how many boats could join a weekend meet at different locations.

Assuming the meet is on the non-tidal Thames, where is the furthest place up and downstream you could sensibly reach in a day from your normal mooring place?

I will correlate replies on a map so that we can see what venues would be most likely to attract the maximum number of participants.

To start the ball rolling, I could reach (up)Marlow or (down)Teddington.

ripley

Visit site
Down Teddington, dont know about up because the last few months was my first back on the thames after about 17yrs, my dad was the commodore of the BMYC at teddington so spent years between the thames & coast, my wife is new to thames boating (shes only just getting used to the locks) & weve only been up as far as clivedon, we are looking to moor either in Penton or Bray next season, just upgrading from a 20ft cuddy to a 27ft Sunseeker not the best for the thames but plan to trail to the coast a few times as well.
We would be happy to meet anywhere as we plan on going up thames asfar as pos next year

Forbsie

Visit site
If the boat's ready - Teddington to Kingston or possibly as far as Windsor if I don't stop at a pub.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Teddington and Marlow . Dont forget im down river and single handed so if the barbie could be ready to cook a nice lump 'o rump steak please /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gavi

Visit site
Up Henley, down Teddington... both a little further than I'd prefer as I only have short legs.

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Hopefully, I will be on the Thames at begining of November at Hammersmith (tidal) so learning curve would be less steep meeting you non tidal guys at Teddington.

Not really sure how long it will take me to teddington or lock proceedures/ duration etc.

I will be able to get on/off my mooring +/-2.5hrs either side of HW so have either a morning /afternoon cruise or full day (throu Lw) options

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully, I will be on the Thames at begining of November at Hammersmith (tidal) so learning curve would be less steep meeting you non tidal guys at Teddington.

Not really sure how long it will take me to teddington or lock proceedures/ duration etc.

I will be able to get on/off my mooring +/-2.5hrs either side of HW so have either a morning /afternoon cruise or full day (throu Lw) options

[/ QUOTE ]

Hammersmith to Teddington is a 90 mins +/- 20 mins or so depending on tide.use of Richmond Lock and yoiur ability to punch the tide. Watch out for shallows.