Where are they now?

AdeOlly

Visit site
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than just natter about boats like what we used to..... :-(

indeed miss a few.... I mean off the top of my head some old timers... some who I do see pop up every now and again but generally awol… jfm, hlb, DAKA, Littleship, NickH, Haydn, Kawasaki, Philiz, gjgm, Omega2, BrendanS, Ari, Scubaman, AndieMac, Mainshiptom, Nautorius, AdeOlly, BenjenBav, Boatone, Petem, Rafiki....

I still visit from time to time...
Sold the P34 in Dec '18 as we needed something with three sleeping areas to accomodate family. Before I could find such a vessel we (finally) moved house, so 2019 no boat. I'd started looking again when Covid hit and totally failed to forsee the mad market that was to follow. Perhaps just as well, as I realised last summer that my kids were far more interested girls/horses/seeing mates etc than spending weekends away on the boat. Sad day. Now looking for a solid fishy type thing with my cousin so we can escape off fishing in something larger than his 16' Arvor, which has been the extent of my boating the past two years.

Last edited:

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Another name from the past, met him a few times, is Solitaire. He was an instructor, met him on the Dart when he was doing a pick up and instruction on a boat for another forumite. Nice guy, very helpful. Iirc he was Solent based, can’t remember if it was his own business or if he was working for someone else.

Does anyone know of his whereabouts?

burgundyben

Visit site
Another name from the past, met him a few times, is Solitaire. He was an instructor, met him on the Dart when he was doing a pick up and instruction on a boat for another forumite. Nice guy, very helpful. Iirc he was Solent based, can’t remember if it was his own business or if he was working for someone else.

Lootchy. He's on facebook. He's doing a boat up at the moment.

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site

He was hamble based and went under the name of 5 star I think it was

not seen him nor his RIB for ages. Did work for Mendez with Julie aka powerskipper

Firefly625

Visit site
I still visit from time to time...
Sold the P34 in Dec '18 as we needed something with three sleeping areas to accomodate family. Before I could find such a vessel we (finally) moved house, so 2019 no boat. I'd started looking again when Covid hit and totally failed to forsee the mad market that was to follow. Perhaps just as well, as I realised last summer that my kids were far more interested girls/horses/seeing mates etc than spending weekends away on the boat. Sad day. Now looking for a solid fishy type thing with my cousin so we can escape off fishing in something larger than his 16' Arvor, which has been the extent of my boating the past two years.
nice to hear from you Ade... . you need to buy a Mitchell then!

PilotWolf

Visit site

Wasn’t he somehow involved in that yacht that fatally sank on a delivery?

If so I think he stopped posting soon after.

Not seen Julie about recently either.

W.

Elessar

Visit site

He used to work for Mendez marine then bought 5 star marine. Now retired and playing lots of golf.

Last edited:

Bajansailor

Visit site

superheat6k

Visit site
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than just natter about boats like what we used to..... :-(

indeed miss a few.... I mean off the top of my head some old timers... some who I do see pop up every now and again but generally awol… jfm, hlb, DAKA, Littleship, NickH, Haydn, Kawasaki, Philiz, gjgm, Omega2, BrendanS, Ari, Scubaman, AndieMac, Mainshiptom, Nautorius, AdeOlly, BenjenBav, Boatone, Petem, Rafiki....
Rafiki recently sold his boat, but I am still in touch with him on FB. I only have FB friends I have actually met in real life and Rafiki's case Paul is a really decent gentleman.

superheat6k

Visit site
Who was it who used to do the beer and natter , i think he had a s34 he also went on the cycle ride . He came all the way to W ales for a beer and natter.
Gary sadly sold his boat in favour of his cycling. The better news is he has now bought a proper bike (with a large engine), so perhaps a stepping stone back to a boat. Also Dunstable Steve is still around with Thanks Mum, although mostly now on FB.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Someone mentioned the forum on a Facebook thread yesterday.

I left the forum because every post seemed to descend into mathematical equations and pseudo science. I lost the will to live after the second sentence. All the guy asked was how to get sun tan lotion and mascara off the sun cushions before his wife came down at the weekend and people started talking about molecular adhesion, osmosis and the strength of an electron bond.

As for threads even glancing on boat construction....... ?

Still got the Princess 50 fly in Gosport, still popping out to Thailand from time to time although sadly the last two trips have been cancelled for obvious reasons.

Stay in touch with a few regulars in the real world.

Henry

burgundyben

Visit site
Someone mentioned the forum on a Facebook thread yesterday.

I left the forum because every post seemed to descend into mathematical equations and pseudo science. I lost the will to live after the second sentence. All the guy asked was how to get sun tan lotion and mascara off the sun cushions before his wife came down at the weekend and people started talking about molecular adhesion, osmosis and the strength of an electron bond.

As for threads even glancing on boat construction....... ?

Still got the Princess 50 fly in Gosport, still popping out to Thailand from time to time although sadly the last two trips have been cancelled for obvious reasons.

Stay in touch with a few regulars in the real world.

Henry

You still owe me a fiver.