Where are they now?

STEVEDUNSTABLE

sites.google.com
Gary sadly sold his boat in favour of his cycling. The better news is he has now bought a proper bike (with a large engine), so perhaps a stepping stone back to a boat. Also Dunstable Steve is still around with Thanks Mum, although mostly now on FB.
BOO !!!!!!............hope your keeping well T.... ....

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com

Lucas Gan

Visit site
Oh. Good point. Maybe I'd better put my 40ft for sale now,. Then hold the money wait for the next season may be cool down as no more lockdown already.

AndieMac

Visit site
I would just like to mention 'B175Chris' Because I have had a Course of 'B12' Injections, which apparently will help my memory loss as an old Duffer. The 'Course didn't work Folks! I do remember having a BSA 175 once though. and a Gilfriend named Chris. Who are you B175Chris? Don't be too hard on Me and don't await a quick response.Saturdays I am allowed some time to 'surf the net' . But then Sundays are difficult. I get'flashes' of names like ----- seastoke, andie mac , spotty dog , henry f, longjohnsilver etc. Anyway, its time to take my medcation, good by B175 Chris, whoever you are:D:eek:?

Crikey Kwacka, you haven’t changed a bit:D

Hope all’s well in your world mate!

Kawasaki

Visit site

Leopard’s and spots Mate!
yep Andie, still trucking on
Still doing what I do
Piss balling about on the water
Hactually been a quite busy time with peeps buying boats instead of a hideaway/ holiday home on the Costas or wherever
Notice you still post quite often, fair play
What with f book, tic toc, whattsapp
Other apps
Twitter
Twatters
Technology is leaving me behind a bit rapid!
how are you lot M8?
nice to hear from you and great to see this thread has unearthed some other partly forgotten Forumites
Plus memories of some that are not with us anymore
Great memories too
?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Yes that was sad about Duncan.
nobody deserves what happened to him and his wife.
We sent over 6 months in SA when Suliere was being built and never met anyone who had not been robbed as we were ourselves in Cape `town.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
www.jensenengland.co.uk
We sent over 6 months in SA when Suliere was being built and never met anyone who had not been robbed as we were ourselves in Cape `town.
Yes we have visited friends in Jo’burg a couple of times and were surprised that everyone (down the clubhouse) has a story to tell, usually involving a gun. I though Cape Town was a little better, not so for you, hope you were OK.
Our friends son, who was 14, went for his first walk down the street on his own to visit a mate, while we were there. Nothing happened of course but a very troubled country.

benjenbav

Visit site
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than just natter about boats like what we used to..... :-(

indeed miss a few.... I mean off the top of my head some old timers... some who I do see pop up every now and again but generally awol… jfm, hlb, DAKA, Littleship, NickH, Haydn, Kawasaki, Philiz, gjgm, Omega2, BrendanS, Ari, Scubaman, AndieMac, Mainshiptom, Nautorius, AdeOlly, BenjenBav, Boatone, Petem, Rafiki....

Nice to be name-checked. ?
I haven’t had a boat for a while, now.
Best wishes to all for 2022.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Yes that was sad about Duncan.
nobody deserves what happened to him and his wife.

I remember well your electronic attacks on Duncan on this Forum when your boat was being built Paul.
I certainly got the impression (at the time) that you were hell bent on trying to destroy St Francis Catamarans.
I remember how you were very proud (on your Forum) of the fact that you had talked other people out of ordering a new St Francis catamaran.
You invented all sorts of imaginary issues with your boat, including wild claims of hull delamination, which St Francis asked me to go and investigate when the boat was ashore in Grenada.
They flew their Production Manager Jaco Hamman from South Africa to Grenada via London to investigate all the defects that you were claiming, and yes, there were various minor defects which Jaco attended to, working 14 hour days in horrible conditions - he was a star.
After inspecting the boat, I said that there was no hull delamination and your loyal disciples on your Forum all rounded on me and said that I did not know what I was talking about.
Duncan later told me that if he had known about your past history with Trader and Marlow yachts, he would have never accepted an order from you. Praise indeed.
Yes, you did sing praises to the rooftops for St Francis later on, when you were finally happy with Suliere - and especially when you wanted to sell her -

But you had damaged the Builder's reputation significantly with the hull delamination claims earlier on.
Not to mention the contracts that they lost for new boats as a result of this.
It was all a long time ago now, but still vivid in my memory.

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site
I am on the market looking for an old Squadron 55 or 59. Just saw this Squadron 59 named Drumbeat back to the market, asking £189k. So, am I right it sold last year at £125k then now resale at £189k in the same condition? Am I missing something?

Link below.

1996 Fairline Squadron 59 Flybridge for sale - YachtWorld

Try a Princess 440. Was up for sale recently @ £125.000. Previously sold by Boats . com in Essex asking offers on £89.000.

Last edited:

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
I remember well your electronic attacks on Duncan on this Forum when your boat was being built Paul.
I certainly got the impression (at the time) that you were hell bent on trying to destroy St Francis Catamarans.
I remember how you were very proud (on your Forum) of the fact that you had talked other people out of ordering a new St Francis catamaran.
You invented all sorts of imaginary issues with your boat, including wild claims of hull delamination, which St Francis asked me to go and investigate when the boat was ashore in Grenada.
They flew their Production Manager Jaco Hamman from South Africa to Grenada via London to investigate all the defects that you were claiming, and yes, there were various minor defects which Jaco attended to, working 14 hour days in horrible conditions - he was a star.
After inspecting the boat, I said that there was no hull delamination and your loyal disciples on your Forum all rounded on me and said that I did not know what I was talking about.
Duncan later told me that if he had known about your past history with Trader and Marlow yachts, he would have never accepted an order from you. Praise indeed.
Yes, you did sing praises to the rooftops for St Francis later on, when you were finally happy with Suliere - and especially when you wanted to sell her -

But you had damaged the Builder's reputation significantly with the hull delamination claims earlier on.
Not to mention the contracts that they lost for new boats as a result of this.
It was all a long time ago now, but still vivid in my memory.
Hi,
I have just seen this post.
I was never hell bent on trying to destroy St Francis - just hell bent on trying to get them to honour their warranty.
I always offered to help anyone who wanted to order a St Francis because I would tell them they are a great boat as long as the build could be better supervised. I did that many times.
One chap refused to listen and went ahead without that help and made a great video of the build only to meet the same issues as myself and rate Duncan the owner as the worst person he had ever met. He quickly sold the boat.

I did not invent anything about the boat delimitation. The fact is that they had not built it correctly and the result was a huge amount of water entered in a void in the hull that should not have been there! It was put right in Grenada. The surveyor picked up the issue. There was a lot of water in the hull because a whole section of the build had been missed.
You really did not know act you were talking about - the boat had not been built to spec and hence the water in the hull issues. Gallons of it.

You correctly reported what Duncan stated about him would have refused to accept the order.
Trader Boats were put out of business by the BBC when uncovered the fraud against customers. I played a pert in exposing their deplorable practices, like the couple who sold their house to live the dream and paid Trader only to never get the boat or their money - or the customer another customer who had them sell their boat which they did only to pretend it was not sold and even charge marina fees for a non-existent boat. All exposed on the BBC.

As regards Marlow - I never ordered a boat nor had one. To all accounts they were good boats. I simply made a conditional offer for a boat which never materialised because the conditions were not met but had to take the agent to court to get my money back which I did. The court agreed I was in the right.

You wrote this cheap remark:-
"Yes, you did sing praises to the rooftops for St Francis later on, when you were finally happy with Suliere - and especially when you wanted to sell her .

The facts are that I risked a total devaluation of Suliere in pursuit of justice and always sang the praises of the boat when she was put right. In fact I told everyone I would not prefer any other boat. The whole history of the boat was there and still is for the world to see.

Duncan went on to do the same to later buyers than myself as explained above. I was by no means alone.

Your facts are simply incorrect, your accusations just the same. Very cheap and biased remarks indeed.

For the record Duncan is dead now after being murdered in a burglary. That is sad and nobody would wish that on anybody.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Definitely!
I had a survey job on his (still fairly new) St Francis sailing catamaran in Grenada some years ago - not content with waging war on the builders of his previous boats (Trader and Marlow), Gludy was now going to town with an all out assault on St Francis Marine.
Amongst his many complaints at the time was that he had delamination in one of the hulls - he was going ballistic about this.
I opined that there was no delamination, and I got barbequed by him and his loyal expert disciples at the time on his Forum Multihulls 4 Us.
Multihulls4us Forums
Eventually he grudgingly admitted that I was right, but only after getting a second opinion from somebody else.

I later told the Builder of his catamaran the story of Gludy's previous arguments with Marlow and Trader, and he was astounded - he said that if he had known about Gludy's previous track record he would have politely refused to have any dealings with him.
The Builder would have lost a sale, but it would have been worth it in the long run, as he probably lost several subsequent sales as a result of Gludy's smear campaign against him.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Definitely!
I had a survey job on his (still fairly new) St Francis sailing catamaran in Grenada some years ago - not content with waging war on the builders of his previous boats (Trader and Marlow), Gludy was now going to town with an all out assault on St Francis Marine.
Amongst his many complaints at the time was that he had delamination in one of the hulls - he was going ballistic about this.
I opined that there was no delamination, and I got barbequed by him and his loyal expert disciples at the time on his Forum Multihulls 4 Us.
Multihulls4us Forums
Eventually he grudgingly admitted that I was right, but only after getting a second opinion from somebody else.

I later told the Builder of his catamaran the story of Gludy's previous arguments with Marlow and Trader, and he was astounded - he said that if he had known about Gludy's previous track record he would have politely refused to have any dealings with him.
The Builder would have lost a sale, but it would have been worth it in the long run, as he probably lost several subsequent sales as a result of Gludy's smear campaign against him.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
That is a totally untrue version of the events.
The fact is that there was a lot of water in the hull and they had missed out an entire internal part of each hull that directed water into it. I never admitted you were right..... your version of the facts takes my breath away.
I also never posted a bad word about Marlow and never even had one.
Please quote anywhere `i had said a negative word about `MARLOW BOATS?