What is to stop me from

sarabande

Visit site
Oil storage regulations - start here
http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/water/quality/oilstore/pdf/oil_store.pdf

I can't imagine any marina setting aside a special tank for one customer. Installation costs and insurance would be more thanb the increased cost of red.

So why not do it yourself ? Buy, or make up a bowser. Bunded fuel tank on a trailer, or buy a real jobby from Witham

http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=46&Overide=0

and invest in a few thousand litres with some like minded friends.

A difficulty will be finding somewhere which would allow you to refuel with your own tanker, unless you can find a private mooring ?

A

Alcyone

Would that actually be legal? If you bought it before the changeover and then used it after? I'm not completely up on this, but are they actually going to send customs chappies out after people to find out when the fuel was bought?

Nickcf

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Would that actually be legal? If you bought it before the changeover and then used it after? I'm not completely up on this, but are they actually going to send customs chappies out after people to find out when the fuel was bought?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's perfectly legal if the fuel was bought (ie paid for) before November. Otherwise fuel in your tank would be liable to extra tax after November!

This is also why there is a big rush to fill up cars whenever an increase is announced in the budget.

SailingDog

Visit site
Hi,
Interesting point about buying a large amount and asking marina to store it, a diffrent slant might be to purchase an amount of fuel prior to November, then draw down various quantities as and when needed. I have a pal who when he gets paid puts an amount of money on a tab at his local, he then drinks as he pleases, buys rounds what ever until his monthly "credit" is down to nill, if he does the lot in 3 weeks he has a dry few days............it's a thought.

Allan

Visit site
Some of the larger truck companies used to have a bunkering agreement with fuel companies. I don't know if it still happens. They apparently would pay for fuel in advance and then draw down the fuel as they needed it. In those days the tax was paid at the te invoice date so any later increases were out of the equation. Maybe some switched on supplier may try the same thing in November?
Allan

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Need to make sure the supplier will still be there next year though, otherwise you become another creditor. Probably better to just get used to the new price & get a better accountant. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cliffordpope

Visit site
Buy it here:

Just install a tank like thousands of farmers, smallholders and industrial users do, and get it delivered.

Last edited by a moderator: