What events are happening in the Solent soon?

jfm

Visit site
I've gotta take a lot of non-boaties/first-timers (from the office) round the Solent this w/e. Weather looks good. I wanna show 'em the sights but I'm losing track of all the Solent events this Summer. This coming weekend as far as I know there's (a) the industry sailing challenge final with loads of Sunsail 35s from W Cowes and (b) some other regatta??

Can someone who knows tell me what's on this w/e and the next few. What dates are the Js in town? Thanks

JFM

markc

Visit site
Don't know of any events, but if you are planning on feeding & watering them I found a great place a couple of weeks ago called the Salty Sea Dog. If you don't know about it, it is to the West of Cowes and they have 4 deep water bouy moorings. The restaurant will come and pick you up in a RIB and take you ashore. there is a BBQ 'shack' and a proper restaurant. We had an excellent meal overlooking the Solent, and the staff were great - would highly recomend.

Mark

alanhanson

Visit site
velsheda the j boat has been preparing for the race at ocean village but i have not seen her out racing a good place for a meal is the southampton yacht club at gins on the bealiue river, if you go try to book, the stakes are highly reccomended have a good weekend

G

The Js....

...are sailing during Cowes week w/c 4th August and in a race of their own in Christchurch Bay w/e 11/12th August starting at 12 noon.

Chris Enstone, Rival Spirit