What chances of a short seasons sailing this year ?

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Yep, whats the chances of a short seasons sailing this year ?

Trusting the May 17th date to open up our sailing and boating fairly unrestricted by Govt , Harbour Authority regs and conditons; I do wonder with the New and Virilant Covid Strains apparently effecting certain parts of our country wether this season might be brought to a premature end by poss July;

I do hope that the RYA and various Marinas and Boatbuilding associations, will this time, recognise and fight for a fairer slice of the cake as reguards our pastime;

we shall see in due course

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
The important thing to keep an eye on is hospital cases and deaths. We are in a different situation now with the vaccine, and improving all the time as more people get the jab. If these new strains just mean people getting ill but not seriously, then the need for restrictions is different to people in IC and dying.

We ave discussed it locally and one of our fears is lack of crane out if things go pete tong at the end of the year and staying in the harbour for the winter is one option we will consider if that is the case.

TernVI

Visit site
Yep, whats the chances of a short seasons sailing this year ?

Trusting the May 17th date to open up our sailing and boating fairly unrestricted by Govt , Harbour Authority regs and conditons; I do wonder with the New and Virilant Covid Strains apparently effecting certain parts of our country wether this season might be brought to a premature end by poss July;

I do hope that the RYA and various Marinas and Boatbuilding associations, will this time, recognise and fight for a fairer slice of the cake as reguards our pastime;

we shall see in due course
It seems the season has started without you.
Plenty of boats out.

johnalison

Visit site
The predictions I have seen suggest a considerable rise in cases by August but with only a moderate rise in hospital admissions. My assumption, possibly unwarranted, is that this has been taken into account and that it is expected that we can ride this out until cases drop in the autumn. It might be that panic sets in when cases rise and that we will be restricted again, but I think that local lockdowns are more likely. I suggest that you don’t try cruising anywhere near Bolton.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Yep my concern is that I have approached a local Topsham Boatyard with a view to being on one of their Moorings for 2021 ; the Boatyard is not yet in full operation, getting Cranes etc into possition;, well I was expecting (maybe foolishly ?) for our Rivers, Harbours and Boatyards to be fully open from May 17th or very soon afterwards; but with the current sittuation over another wave or upsurge in that Virus maybe we will see restrictions impossed on Boating in general; the thought of my Boat being on an inaccesable boatyard and mooring till end of season i dread.

Maybe should just store the boat on its trailer away from any yards or marinas for another season, poss a season that waas not, again ?

I am hoping that our RYA and Marina associations can do better this time around at keeping our access to our craft for essential care, safety and attention whilst afloat, for I guess if these associations can make it at least possible for us to perform these essential normal and necessary tasks we will not suffer damage to our craft !