BartW

www.amptec.be
20211012-171852.jpg

ib-p001-0-2.jpg
Still the same Cranchi N ?
still looking good !

Hardmy

Visit site
V, what are the plans for you in the post covid (hopefully!) era? Are you going to turn to the East and visit us? :) let me know!
Well we did go east in 2020 since we took a 7 month sabbaticcal to escape the madness and cruised extensively the Aegean. The boat is now based in Leros. You cannot imagine how much we are fond of Greece and its people! Actually we would like to discover a bit of Turkey which we didn't do so far for several reasons before heading towards the Sporades. And indeed going to Pefkakia is seriously an option, I'll keep you posted!

Yes you should H:)

I did enjoy your cruising reports…….
Thanks a lot. As you know it takes a lot of time, putting something together covering several months, and now with a family and the crazyness at work it's not easy. ..

vas

Visit site
Well we did go east in 2020 since we took a 7 month sabbaticcal to escape the madness and cruised extensively the Aegean. The boat is now based in Leros. You cannot imagine how much we are fond of Greece and its people! Actually we would like to discover a bit of Turkey which we didn't do so far for several reasons before heading towards the Sporades. And indeed going to Pefkakia is seriously an option, I'll keep you posted!
Would also love to go to Istanbul by boat, from what I've seen in my many visits from land, must be magical :cool:
no worries, let me know if/when you're about :)

V.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
www.jensenengland.co.uk
That looks like Empuriabrava - if so, where's that in the second pic, please? We're around at St.Cyprien.
Indeed yes Empuriabrava
The cala is one of those right at the top of the picture of Cap de Creus called Cala Culip. About 25 Nm from you.
Another nice one up there is Cala Portalo.
You probably know Llanca marina. Lovely Spanish family seaside feel and a range of restaurants right up to Michelin star.

EADD052-F-525-F-46-BC-AFDE-46-FA11-C50326.png

Last edited:

AndieMac

Visit site
can't remember C, is this a Bertram or not ? model ?
boat is in impeccable condition !

She is a 1991 model Searanger 46.
We like the aft cabin boats for lots of reasons and she has huge headroom for big blokes ;-)
Hopefully we will be able to host/cruise with some of our European friends if the world ever gets back to somewhere normal!

Momac

Visit site
I bet most people have chosen the best pics they have when their boat or boats were nice and clean...... I bet some have got some green on them at the moment......... waiting for the spring spruce up
This is mine last weekend. I had just run over it with a mop. Very little green so far this winter .
1643320114229.png

and did just give the engine bay floor a wipe after the engine oil change the previous weekend

1643320602401.png

Last edited:

alt

Visit site
Still the same Cranchi N ?
still looking good !
Hi, B!

Yup, same Cranchi! Over 10 years now, hard to imagine.... starting to feel old!

TBH, I really have no motivation to change. She's as big as I can have on the lake where she is based. I'd love a Flybridge, but you're getting into shafts and they just aren't suitable for our cruising grounds. For now, I am of the opinion "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Sure, given we're in Ireland, if she had a hard-top that would be great. But, I had a new canopy made a few years back, which we remove for the winter. A few years on and she's good as new, no leaks etc. And in those (rare) hot days, it's nice to be out in the air.

I'm watching your re-design thread with much interest... we all know there will be a project down the line!