what boat do you have

spinreach

Visit site
I remember when Elan has launched this model, and the smaller 35-ish ..
must be now about 20 y ago ?
the model doesn't age,
alway's had a soft spot for them, nice to see one again on here, (y)
This one is 2006. I've seen 2004 and 2015 models pretty much the same design. Focus Motor yachts (Dutch yard) bought the moulds a few years ago and started changing the design a couple of years ago. The 42 is now a 44 (extended Hi / Lo swim platform) with a cockpit and HT redesign, but still with the wrap around windscreen. The hull is the same Tony Castro hull, but with contemporary windows. The accommodation is very similar with one additional configuration option available, so the lower half, is fundamentally the same model from 18 - 20 years ago! Side by side in a marina, the Focus 44 looks modern, mainly due to the windows, but the heritage of the Elan 42 is very apparent in the Focus and, I agree with you, the Elan belies it's years.

Hardmy

Visit site
hi V, thats a long time ;-)

the one in the back is Malatese Falcon, a very iconic Perini

the one in the front, don't remember you told me, its based on a eu model but made in the far east iirc
anyway still looking good ! : )

Hi Bart, yes it is! Don't forget to give me a shout next time you are around for Prolight (well, hope that those events will come back one day).

It's a US design by John Fexas, built in Taiwan by Kha Shing. Better known under the names Montefino or Horizon. Finally understood how to insert more than one pic (all shot in Vas's beautiful homeland):
1643210503495.jpeg

1643210581700.jpeg

1643210729097.jpeg

fred247

Visit site
I bet most people have chosen the best pics they have when their boat or boats were nice and clean...... I bet some have got some green on them at the moment......... waiting for the spring spruce up
or some black
this happened to our boat about 5yrs after selling her, don't know the details. feel sorry for the owners was a great boat

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 84
  • SDC10642.JPG
    SDC10642.JPG
    652.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

vas

Visit site
Vas, your Sig link is no longer working to your MiToS rebuild thread
oops! didn't realise, thank's. Probably haven't worked for a long time, had to update the url. Should be fine now!
and this is the most iconic rebuild project ever on this forum !
no need to search for the rebuild threat, it will pop op soon again with new info on the systems network and display's :)
I should Bart, hope I'll get the time to do an electronics update soon ?
It's a US design by John Fexas, built in Taiwan by Kha Shing. Better known under the names Montefino or Horizon. Finally understood how to insert more than one pic (all shot in Vas's beautiful homeland):
V, what are the plans for you in the post covid (hopefully!) era? Are you going to turn to the East and visit us? :) let me know!

alt

Visit site
20211012-171852.jpg

ib-p001-0-2.jpg

Rwc13

Visit site
We don't see many Algarve based motorboat owners here. Have you come across the Dieb Band who regularly play in the Irish Bar? ?
Hi, no not a bar that I have ever been in in Vilamoura. I live near Olhao and do most of my socializing in the Eastern Algarve - mostly go to Vilamoura for the boat.