What are you doing now that you can't go sailing?

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Did you have any problems passing the test? was it easy?

I'm in Germany, so no test needed, just membership of the Deutscher Modellflieger Verband (German Model Aircraft Club) as it comes with 3rd party insurance.

The main attraction of the Mavic Mini is that it is under 250g so is classified as a toy in most jurisdictions - I may be mistaken but anything under this weight escapes most drone legislation.

As I understand it, the DJI drones are also geo-fenced so it won't fly near airports or in designated no fly zones - although you can apply to have the zones unlocked.

Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site
I'm in Germany, so no test needed, just membership of the Deutscher Modellflieger Verband (German Model Aircraft Club) as it comes with 3rd party insurance.

The main attraction of the Mavic Mini is that it is under 250g so is classified as a toy in most jurisdictions - I may be mistaken but anything under this weight escapes most drone legislation.

As I understand it, the DJI drones are also geo-fenced so it won't fly near airports or in designated no fly zones - although you can apply to have the zones unlocked.

Correct ... the Mavic Mini is in response to the 250gr limit .... but be careful - the real weight for flight is 249gr and I know one guy who weighed at 251gr .... but TBH - the people who will ask if you have licence etc. will likely know the Mini is a 250gr item.

Geo-Fencing - yes this is part of the Firmware in the machine and also part of the Control Firmware as well .... you can apply for unlock - but a lot of people have trouble with this as its a One Time unlock and via online.