Weymouth Harbour

olly_love

Visit site
Does anyone know what the mooring situation is in Weymouth at the moment?

Im assuming the standard rafting 5-6 out isnt happening?

Also what is the situation with using the marina if not? We have never gone in as a visitor as thought it was permanent only?

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
From https://www.weymouth-harbour.co.uk/...0_Weymouth Harbour Continued Safe Boating.pdf

Visiting Vessels Visitors will be accepted at the Outer Harbour berths subject to the following which aim to allow as many as possible to take advantage of a harbour visit:
 Rafting of vessels will not be permitted. Numbers of visitors will therefore be very limited.
 Advanced bookings are advised and are subject to a non-refundable deposit of £20 per night. Bookings will only be accepted up to 14 days in advance. Weather will not be considered as an exception for returning deposits. Bookings should be made by phone.
 The maximum number of consecutive nights per booking will be 3.
 No rally bookings will be accepted.
 Booked berths will be held until 1900 on each day before being made available wider if there has been no arrival or firm contact.  If the harbour is full, alternative destinations of Weymouth or Portland Marinas should be considered.
 There will be limited opportunities for short stays and will be considered on a case by case basis on the day.

The municipal marina (the first one after the bridge) does not accept visitors but Weymouth Marina does.

IanL

Visit site
I was in there last Friday. I had booked ahead which is a bit of a gamble but worked out for me. The harbour was fairly full but there was a regatta on. They seem strict on the three day rule. Reasonable efforts had been made with social distancing and we enjoyed our stay.

olly_love

Visit site
Have booked now, Thank you for the help,
They have said that there is no rafting and we are in the old town (LHS) which is good with us,

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
I booked and visited at the end of July. They told me that if I couldn't make the booked day then I could change it to any time in the following two weeks I wouldn't loose my deposit.

Teko

Visit site
We visited weymouth for the first time in August, booked ahead at the marina under the bridge.

Loved it there. Best fish and chips at bentons, crabbing off the wall, sandcastles on the beach. Ahh wish I could bin work off and head back

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I was in there last Friday. I had booked ahead which is a bit of a gamble but worked out for me. The harbour was fairly full but there was a regatta on. They seem strict on the three day rule. Reasonable efforts had been made with social distancing and we enjoyed our stay.
What’s the 3 day rule?

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Bookings for more than three days in a row are prohibited, not sure what happens if the weather deteriorates during ones stay.

Provided one can come and go as planned then I expect it must be nice not having the inconvenience of needing to raft up