Weybridge mariners YC

billskip

Visit site
Any body here a member? Is Paul Killick(spel?)still about? It was about 50 yrs ago I was a member there.
Just having one of those rememberin moments.

Newbroom

Visit site
I was there when the club was first building the clubhouse as a youngster
The Paul you refer to was he a fireman
I had a boat at the time moored in Duntons boat yard (now Nauticalia)

billskip

Visit site
I was there when the club was first building the clubhouse as a youngster
The Paul you refer to was he a fireman
I had a boat at the time moored in Duntons boat yard (now Nauticalia)
Hi, I think that many years ago he may have been at university, I dont recall him as a fireman, his parents were involved with the club I think, his mother I'm almost sure.
When I joined mid 70's I think I volunteered to do my stint as barman soon to discover that my shifts were always on the fun nights and Sunday lunchtime, I de volunteered soon after. Remember Vic Dillon, his daughter and my stepdaughter were close friends, George Shiner, Drew Henley,(red leder 1 star wars).

cf18

Visit site
Hi, I think that many years ago he may have been at university, I dont recall him as a fireman, his parents were involved with the club I think, his mother I'm almost sure.
When I joined mid 70's I think I volunteered to do my stint as barman soon to discover that my shifts were always on the fun nights and Sunday lunchtime, I de volunteered soon after. Remember Vic Dillon, his daughter and my stepdaughter were close friends, George Shiner, Drew Henley,(red leder 1 star wars).
Hi Billskip! I do believe Vic Dillon and George Shiner used to own my boat Porcelet aka Piglet. Do you have any way of contacting them? I think Porcelet was used in Operation Cycle (Le havre evacuation 1940). I'm very keen to find out more! Thanks :)

billskip

Visit site
Hi Billskip! I do believe Vic Dillon and George Shiner used to own my boat Porcelet aka Piglet. Do you have any way of contacting them? I think Porcelet was used in Operation Cycle (Le havre evacuation 1940). I'm very keen to find out more! Thanks :)
Porcelet was moored at the bottom of George Shiner's garden, I dont know where he got it from, possible he bought it from Vic, but I dont remember Vic owning it, I did a small amount of work for Gorge on Porcelet/piglet as he was keen to take it on new adventures, but if you knew George it was unlikely.Teddy George 's partner she moved across to a bungalow opposite on the Weybridge bank, I dont know what happened to Porcelet/piglet,I would think George and Teddy have gorn on now. We were friends with Vic, My ex wife daughter was very close with Vic's daughter, but I haven't been in touch with them for 30yrs now. George loved that boat and his dream.
Sorry I cant help you more, but on... (I dont do ) ...Facebook another neighbour's daughter is on there and her parents possibly still live there. I can pm you with their names if you want.

billskip

Visit site
Yes I do, we knew them well, he did a couple of paintings of my Princess.
They were very good and all that looked at them thought so. I believe he was related to you . Unfortunately my ex wife took the paintings never to be seen again.

sarabande

Visit site
Yes, I was partly brought up on the island. I have quite a lot of his paintings, and will look through them to see if there's anything relevant and send you copies.

cf18

Visit site
Porcelet was moored at the bottom of George Shiner's garden, I dont know where he got it from, possible he bought it from Vic, but I dont remember Vic owning it, I did a small amount of work for Gorge on Porcelet/piglet as he was keen to take it on new adventures, but if you knew George it was unlikely.Teddy George 's partner she moved across to a bungalow opposite on the Weybridge bank, I dont know what happened to Porcelet/piglet,I would think George and Teddy have gorn on now. We were friends with Vic, My ex wife daughter was very close with Vic's daughter, but I haven't been in touch with them for 30yrs now. George loved that boat and his dream.
Sorry I cant help you more, but on... (I dont do ) ...Facebook another neighbour's daughter is on there and her parents possibly still live there. I can pm you with their names if you want.
Thank you for the response! I think George eventually bought the boat off Vic. Yes please to the pm, I'm really excited to try and put the history together. I only have one photo of her as Porcelet on the Thames and a few of her being worked on in a field next to Sunnyside reservoir in Sunbury.

HavrePostcards02.jpgIMG_9668.jpegIMG_9670.jpegphoto.jpge7d963e9-8129-4cca-98d6-e11aef2ccf8b.JPGcef25026-0f19-4ee9-ad99-8657ba347a5e.JPG

billskip

Visit site
Hi cf18, I see you are a new member, welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure if you can recieve PM's as you are new, however I will send one now, just to test and if you reply, I will send you the information.