Never sail to a timetable but we are booked into Fuscias for 20.00!!
Please keep me updated with your latest info/opinion.
I am concious that as the only qualified person on Janes Buoy I will be making the decision for the other 7 of which one young girl has only sailed dinghys so I want to choose the best weather as i would hate to be responsible for putting her off for life. If Friday a lot better I would delay and go straight to Cherbourg.
Need to get to Cherbourg early on Saturday though to get enough beer in for visitors!!
I have looked at XC Weather and made my passage plan including sails to be used.
Gentle broad reach over Sat in winds between 7 and 9 mph and sunny skies.
Departing Chbg on Sunday 8:00 am wind will be north 5mph. Once we have had a few croissants and a cup of coffee - sea will be smooth am - the wind will back southwest and increase to 13mph so we will raise the asymmetric and have a gentle sail back.
Bob, if you have time in your hectic schedule, go to www.grib.us - download their grib reader - then you will find you are able to choose any area in the world from a simple gooey screen. You can choose the date range, interval, content etc
I cant do it just now as I am away from base, but will do so later and send you a copy of the pictures if you wish.
Ah ... ok .... I feel we're going to be a little frilly around the edges /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ... the scrub I gave her 2 weeks ago has resulted in increased weed growth around the waterline .. hopefully the French won't measure the boat otherwise I'll be going up 2 bands for mooring fees! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Thanks Nick.... Done it and it looks a good program..
I'll just have to play with it and get used to it..
Midnight Thurs/Fri looks reasonable but I'll look again in the morning..
Cheers and ta again see you there Bob E..