Westerly Marine Construction LTD

Ebs

Visit site
Hi,
I hope i have posted this in the correct part of the forum.. I have just bought a boat, I am wondering if anybody would be able to help Identify it at all please, There is a plate on it that say's Westerly Marine Construction LTD Yard No W15, I have had a look on the internet and carn't find anything about it.. To me it kinda looks like an early Pembroke or did westerly make any other Yachts for other company's or similar.. Would be great if I can get any info on it Thanks :)

Ebs

Visit site
She looks very similar to a centaur B layout but with a fin keel thats why i assumed Pembroke. as soon as i get chance i will take a picture.

Thanks for the reply

Concerto

Visit site
Here is a list of all the boats Westerly built. This should help you identify it.

Westerly Classes - Westerly-Wiki

As a new owner I would certainly suggest you should join the Westerly Owners Association forum, you do not have to be a member of the association. Full membership is only £15.00 and has many benefits including discounted insurance with additional free extras. The discount is usually more than the membership fee, so that means membership is technically free.

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Well, if it's a Centaur with a fin keel then it's a Pembroke.

Well done on your purchase. That means you've bought a faster version of an extremely popular boat, but in some parts of the country it will be worth less than a Centaur as it can't be kept on a cheap drying, swinging mooring.

As a fellow Westerly owner I can recommend joining the Westerly Owners Association. Lots of hints, tips, help, info and camaraderie.

Bodach na mara

Visit site
And when you join the WOA you get a free copy of "The Westerly Story" usually selling at over £12 which gives details of every design that Westerly ever built.

In answer to one of your questions, Westerly never built boats for any other company, they commissioned designers to design boats which they then built.

Ebs

Visit site
Thanks for the link syvictoria :), now i know what happend to the engine lol... I bought her for £650 :), needs a bit of work but nothing serious :) Thanks everyone for the help :)

pvb

Visit site
Quick look on Google and Ebay results in a 'no'. I think it's too long ago.

I was really just trying to not disillusion the OP if they paid more for the boat!

And lots of work may have been done on it to improve its value since 2019. But realistically, how much was a Pembroke worth in 2019 with no engine, headlining removed, DIY repair to hull, etc?