• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Westerly Marine Construction LTD

Ebs

Hi,
I hope i have posted this in the correct part of the forum.. I have just bought a boat, I am wondering if anybody would be able to help Identify it at all please, There is a plate on it that say's Westerly Marine Construction LTD Yard No W15, I have had a look on the internet and carn't find anything about it.. To me it kinda looks like an early Pembroke or did westerly make any other Yachts for other company's or similar.. Would be great if I can get any info on it Thanks :)

Ebs

She looks very similar to a centaur B layout but with a fin keel thats why i assumed Pembroke. as soon as i get chance i will take a picture.

Thanks for the reply

Concerto

Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Mar
Here is a list of all the boats Westerly built. This should help you identify it.

Westerly Classes - Westerly-Wiki

As a new owner I would certainly suggest you should join the Westerly Owners Association forum, you do not have to be a member of the association. Full membership is only £15.00 and has many benefits including discounted insurance with additional free extras. The discount is usually more than the membership fee, so that means membership is technically free.

langstonelayabout

Well, if it's a Centaur with a fin keel then it's a Pembroke.

Well done on your purchase. That means you've bought a faster version of an extremely popular boat, but in some parts of the country it will be worth less than a Centaur as it can't be kept on a cheap drying, swinging mooring.

As a fellow Westerly owner I can recommend joining the Westerly Owners Association. Lots of hints, tips, help, info and camaraderie.

Bodach na mara

And when you join the WOA you get a free copy of "The Westerly Story" usually selling at over £12 which gives details of every design that Westerly ever built.

In answer to one of your questions, Westerly never built boats for any other company, they commissioned designers to design boats which they then built.

ashtead

At the time of Centaurs there were also Westerly Tigers I seem to call - how long is the vessel? I guess in old money around 25 to 26foot ?

syvictoria

Maybe, can you find how much it sold for?
Quick look on Google and Ebay results in a 'no'. I think it's too long ago.

I was really just trying to not disillusion the OP if they paid more for the boat!

Ebs

Thanks for the link syvictoria :), now i know what happend to the engine lol... I bought her for £650 :), needs a bit of work but nothing serious :) Thanks everyone for the help :)

pvb

Quick look on Google and Ebay results in a 'no'. I think it's too long ago.

I was really just trying to not disillusion the OP if they paid more for the boat!
And lots of work may have been done on it to improve its value since 2019. But realistically, how much was a Pembroke worth in 2019 with no engine, headlining removed, DIY repair to hull, etc?