Westerly Konsort: Dinner Plate Slots

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Having just bought a Konsort I find that there is no crockery. Should have checked the inventory a little more closely.

Does anyone know the correct diameter of the plates that will fit into the Konsort's galley Plate/bowl holding slots please?

I don't want Ming vases or Dresden bone china, just plates to eat our Fray Bentos meat and gravy pies from.

FairweatherDave

Visit site
I'm desperate to get to my Konsort and hope to do so in the next two weeks. I will try and remember to measure. What I will say is the plate sizes are not huge, modern plastic picnic plates may not fit. Portion sizes are bigger these days maybe.... I'm sure you could get your jigsaw out but I wouldn't invest in standard modern stuff without measuring. Enjoy your boat!

Moonbeam

Visit site
Our crockery is off the boat, so I can tell you the size of those

Large slot takes 23.5cm plates and 20.5cm breakfast bowls on top
Middle slot takes 19.5cm side plates and a couple of small soup bowls on top
Small slot takes 14cm side plates

Might be down at boat next week, will measure actual slots if I remember.

Bodach na mara

Visit site
On my Westerly Seahawk the racks hold the plates lying horizontally and limit the width to 24 cm. Which is at least 1 cm less than any replacement plates that I have found recently . Also you can remove or replace them only one at a time.

FairweatherDave

Visit site
On my Westerly Seahawk the racks hold the plates lying horizontally and limit the width to 24 cm. Which is at least 1 cm less than any replacement plates that I have found recently . Also you can remove or replace them only one at a time.
Sadly I can report that I have just trawled through my photos.............indeed the plates lie flat on my Konsort (maybe I only make hot drinks)........
However my wife also remembers our non boat picnic plastic crockery definitely didn't fit.

wully1

Visit site
My Storm came with those awful nautical themed plates and crockery from Nauticalia - naff ropes and anchors motif ....proper China as well.

They are a perfect fit for the Westerly built in holders though.

They will be flogged or float tested as soon as we source replacements that fit.

wully1

Visit site
Halls tinned Haggis will easily beat that!

Anyone know if it’s possible to buy RN style tinned steak and kidney pudding. A.KA. ‘Babies heads”?

Or military rat pack Oatmeal Blocks? I make a pale imitation of them but the real thing is delicious and my suppliers are all outside now..

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Our crockery is off the boat, so I can tell you the size of those

Large slot takes 23.5cm plates and 20.5cm breakfast bowls on top
Middle slot takes 19.5cm side plates and a couple of small soup bowls on top
Small slot takes 14cm side plates

Might be down at boat next week, will measure actual slots if I remember.
Tesco Value china dinner plates are 10" in diameter. Might they fit?

Skellum

Visit site
I don't know if they are RN style but Fray Bentos make steak and kidney puddings in a tin. About as edible as the FB S&K pie, which I find will fill a hole.
Rat Pack
As I recall from my student days, the FB puddings needed a bit more attention than the pies to make sure you keep the water topped up to just below the top - but don’t overfil or you get excess water in your pud. Serve with lots of bisto instant gravy and oven chips for the full gourmet experience.

FairweatherDave

Visit site
Measured up on Friday and my big plates are 244mm diameter and squeeze in with maybe 3mm each side.
I would say the spaces are designed on imperial, 10, 9 and 7 inch. Made me laugh that the Forum had entered my brain so much that one look at the crockery storage and I remembered this thread.....