Well thats a result

Dave_Seager

www.seagers.org.uk
If it is any help, my Minn Kota pushes a light dinghy at 3 knots. The dinghy is a Walker Bay 8' and the motor an Endura Pro 31 (31 lbs thrust). I used the same motor on a waterlogged Dell Quay Dory 11' and still got about 2 knots.

I would think that one of the more powerful models would push a slipper launch quite well. You could even have two of them for added performance.

They are a lot cheaper in the USA than here in the UK. I have imported a couple of them on business trips as, in their original boxes, they are small enough to be checked in as an additional suitcase.

No Regrets

Visit site
My 11hp Nanni twin pushes NR's 30' and 5 tonnes around at a good 5mph!!

Must be great in a Slipper.

I have come across a Slipper owner who replaced the Stuart Turner with a similar engine. (Jap twin)

I asked him what he did to the old engine, he said he threw it away DOH!

dash300

Visit site
My 11hp Nanni twin pushes NR's 30' and 5 tonnes around at a good 5mph!!

Must be great in a Slipper.

I have come across a Slipper owner who replaced the Stuart Turner with a similar engine. (Jap twin)

I asked him what he did to the old engine, he said he threw it away DOH!

The man must have been insane,service parts are still available but cast parts are worth a fortune relatively. I have just sold a Stuart Turner twin
but I believe it would have been too heavy for the slipper project; I could barely carry the flywheel!!

Captain Coochie

Visit site
8 HP Mec red band . I dropped it off at the yard tonight but they have already started cuting stuff up . It looks like they have turned an outboard into an outdrive by flipping all the bits around . I just left the outboard there for them to use if they need it .
All looks good stuff and nice to see an injun ear thinking rather than saying it cant be done . :D

mgpa

Visit site
Stuart Turner & Slipper Launch

I have briefly read through this thread and wondered if the a new old Stuart Turner R3MC engine (never used in original delivery packaging) I have would be suitable to put in a slipper launch. I have always admired the lines of the slipper launch form and feel that if I were to build one it would look amazing being trailed by my Y type MG. If this might be suitable I would be grateful if anybody has plans or sizes for me to develop plans, I would be grateful for any help.

Slipper Launch Man

Visit site
Captain Coochi, did you finish your Slipper Launch (es). Please post some more photos.

Also, please could you message me via www.slipperlaunch.com as I would like to do a feature / article on your project.

A link to Slipper Launch build plans can also be found on the site.

Slipper Launch Man

Visit site
Turks of Cookham built some dinky and not particularly pretty slipper launches for day hire, a few had electric motors in them, yuk.

Hello, I would be very interested in any info or pictures on the little Turks Slipper Launches. Do post any photos you have.

Also, please could you message me via www.slipperlaunch.com as I would like to do a feature / article on the Turks Slipper Launches.

Thanks