Well done Dean & Reddyhoff

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
While not wishing to appear ungrateful, my understanding was that it is a credit against yard services or next year's berthing fees rather than a refund.

That said it should pay for the boat to get wet again whenever that might be

PhillM

Visit site
Seems very good way to keep customers happy and still hold the cash needed to run the business. It also rewards loyalty for future years as that could be when you next need a lift etc. .

xcw

Visit site
You can always rely on Dean and Reddyhoff to do the right thing. Well done and thank you to Ben and team at Haslar!

laika

Visit site
I was planning on moving from Premier when my contract expired at the end of March. I suggested they should charge me winter rates given they've de-activated my fob and I can't access the marina. No dice: best they're offering is to pro-rata the annual rate. Wonder what they're offering folks renewing or monthly customers? And what are MDL doing?

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
I contacted them on a related issue just before the announcement and from the reply it does seem they genuinely want to do the right thing by their bertholders

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
You should have received an email, have you had the other announcements such as the one saying they were shutting everything down?

If not it may be that you aren't on the right email distribution list

XDC

Visit site
I’m a Haslar Annual Berth Holder but I haven’t received an email regarding this. Where is this announcement you refer to please?

That’s interesting. I’m on their mailing list and haven’t had the email in question. I’ll not overload them, they’re short staffed. Perhaps you could feedback here? Thanks

Odd... just found this Bangor Marina's COVID-19 Concession to Berth Holders which ISN’T on the actual Bangor website:unsure:

RJJ

Visit site
It's reasonable and also to be expected. We can all put pressure on marinas to do the same.

We have just had the same from school. Fee reduction in view of eroded service; fee freeze next academic year.

Anyone who owns a business knows it's shareholders that take the first and typically biggest hit, in order to keep the show going by delivering value to customers.

Babylon

Visit site
Independent schools in my neck of the woods have reduced their fees to circa 80% on average - while still carrying on the core teaching by video conferencing, into which they've put in a colossal amount of work in an extremely short period, while their main overheads remain almost exactly the same.

I appreciate that marinas are effectively just convenient boat-parks with showers, but if their customers can't access their boats at all let along go sailing, then those operators who refuse to offer any deal for the duration of the crisis can justifiably be said to be 'profiteering'.

My own boat is stuck on the hard as the lockdown cut in exactly a week before the booked re-launch (from where it would have gone back onto my mid-river mooring). I've so far been invoiced for hardstanding until the date of the lockdown, so it would be interesting to see whether I'm eventually charged (by D&R) for any excess period, and if so by how much.

RJJ

Visit site
Independent schools in my neck of the woods have reduced their fees to circa 80% on average - while still carrying on the core teaching by video conferencing, into which they've put in a colossal amount of work in an extremely short period, while their main overheads remain almost exactly the same.

I appreciate that marinas are effectively just convenient boat-parks with showers, but if their customers can't access their boats at all let along go sailing, then those operators who refuse to offer any deal for the duration of the crisis can justifiably be said to be 'profiteering'.

My own boat is stuck on the hard as the lockdown cut in exactly a week before the booked re-launch (from where it would have gone back onto my mid-river mooring). I've so far been invoiced for hardstanding until the date of the lockdown, so it would be interesting to see whether I'm eventually charged (by D&R) for any excess period, and if so by how much.
I am also on the hard at D and R. Paid up for another couple of months, but needing (and unable) to do work on the boat. This has financial implications.

Other threads that may be of interest