Welcome Home

Cutter

Visit site
no message other than to say thanks for a good weekend
made 15 euro profit last night ( after 45 loss last year) so will add that to kitty next year.
Thanks to everyone who dipped in a bit extra.
hope to see you soon

I reckon there are now 4 that have made it every year (Tome, Fergus, Big Nick and me) tho happy to be proven wrong.

dom

Visit site
I agree. Many thanks to the organisers for putting the w/e together. The usual great company, food was pretty good and even the wind and weather produced a nice mix of conditions. Hard to beat really!

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Lechwe back on to moorings safe and sound at 1030 this morning. Bottled out of going to ALderney - would have been too late back tonight for work tomorrow. Spent the night in Yarmouth, even took part in the Kings Head weekly quiz and came second. Left as soon as wind dropped off this morning in peeing rain.

A bit concerned that Amaya may have struggled/still are struggling - will look forward to hearing from Tom.

Richard - I suggest you pocket the 15Euros as you made up the difference last year. I am sure nobody is going to argue with you.

Thanks to all involved in organisation. Will definitely go for number 6 next year, all being well.

janeK

Visit site
sorry not to have been there I would have been, but let down by others reference a crew place, so hope you all had a great time

I will be there next year one way or another

Hope you all had a great time did think of you Sat pm

janek

kharley

Visit site
Many thanks to all concerned
Highly enjoyable and will try again next time
Good sail back until twisted the cruising shoot around itself and could only snuff half of it
Avoided damage on a messy retrieval just!
Got through the needles channel as it all closed in and back to hythe 20.00

tome

www.google.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
A bit concerned that Amaya may have struggled/still are struggling - will look forward to hearing from Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

We had a hairy ride back yesterday in squally winds gusting over 40 knots and big channel greybeards advancing down on us. Reckon the waves were up to 5m, some breaking heavily. Boat and crew stood up to it very well, though concerned at initial slow speed of cockpit drains. This improved eventually - note to self make sure they are clear before going out in heavy weather again

Will post a brief account, but thanks for your concern Nick - all safely home

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Early yesterday morning in Yarmouth with Nick's boat heeling to the gusts we were wondering how you were getting on. I took yesterday's archive data off Bramblemet as a good example of an "active" front:
24-09-07 Weather1.JPG

24-09-07 Weather2.JPG

No wonder we woke up at 06:45!

tome

www.google.co.uk
That looks close to what we were seeing, if you add about 8 knots to average and gusts mid channel. From about 1400 to 1600 we saw average 36-39 knots and some big gusts. It was very squally and we were hit by a flattening mother in the early evening just as we were thinking of letting out some more canvas. Didn't see what the wind peaked at as we were all a bit busy at the time