Wearable Technology

IanR

seascape2016.blogspot.com
Seeing the video yesterday of sleep deprived Alex and the hunger for monitoring every aspect of his physiology. I hope that the Increased visibility of his activity does not overload the competitors to the detriment of their own well being and safety. According to the tech Alex has had zero sleep in three straight 24 hour days. The medics are expecting this to some extent (Sleep vidéo) Alex is a driven man of course, he would not be there otherwise but the pressure to be seen to do everything he can must be super intense. Take care on both sides of the system.

Last edited:

MikeBz

Visit site
This video posted yesterday explains that the tech isn't registering that he is getting any sleep because in the environment on the boat his heart rate isn't going low enough for the tech to consider that he is sleeping - basically they calibrated it not in the same environment as he is now. I suspect if he'd had no sleep at all (barring that 15 minute segment that the tech did catch) then he would be seriously hallucinating by now.

I think it's great that they are capturing a lot of information but the way it's being presented really makes the least of it rather than the most. Why put boat speed, wind speed and distance travelled in different sections?