We can sail 260 miles and stay in another place - Boris has defended it!

mattonthesea

ayearatsea.co.uk
And getting back to the OP, what a load of bolleux.

Boris did not say we can go sailing 260 miles.

In your dreams..............................................
Firstly, we are not in the Lounge.

Secondly, I did not say this. "You need to read the question carefully" is the standard advice to students. There again, tongues in cheeks are not always obvious in forums (fori, fora?) - even with dark glasses on! Note to self :)

davidmh

Visit site
The Cummins situation is typical of the leaders of governments today. All leaders need to remain" squeeky clean" in all aspects of Covid, they should not try and interpret thing to suit themselves, they must not stretch the point, it often means that they cannot do things that other folk can get away with, but thats what goes with being a leader, if you cant do that get out.

David MH

Laser310

Visit site
Coronavirus 'disappearing' so fast Oxford vaccine has 'only 50% chance of working'

Professor Adrian Hill describes the efforts to create a vaccine as a "race against the virus disappearing, and against time".

Coronavirus 'disappearing' so fast Oxford vaccine has 'only 50% chance of working'

indeed.., this is one of the reasons pharmaceutical companies don't like to work on vaccines...

their past experience is that they spend huge sums developing them.., then testing them to make sure they are safe and effective.., and by the time they are ready to sell them.., nobody needs it or wants it, - so the whole thing is a waste of investors money.

Frogmogman

Visit site
(y)

It's all over bar the shouting.

Richard

I really don't think this is going to just go away. There are so many people, who are really furious about the rank arrogance and hypocrisy that Dominic Cummings has displayed; his complete lack of contrition has only thrown more petrol on the fire.

The Barnard Castle defense is just staggering. Going for a drive is not a conventional way of getting your eyes tested, indeed potentially an offense, of driving whilst knowingly medically impaired. I can see drunk drivers in future telling policemen that they weren't sure if they were too drunk to drive, so thought they'd better go for a spin to check.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Have you had it or know anyone who has had it, or know anyone who knows anyone else who's had it, or have you just read about it? We've all read about it. No-one I know has known anyone who's had any contact with it. It's just media hype but it's saved them from having to report any other news for the past couple of months.
My son has had it. Luckily minor symptom, caught most likely where he worked in a nursing home. And his mother, my ex wife was on the verge of being hospitalised with it, being unable to breathe properly. And our next door neighbours daughter, a teacher, has also had it.

But to some extent I agree with you about the government hype.

banger

Visit site
I know it's not the Lounge, and Cummings case is slightly dodgy, but, Steven Kinnock drove a long way to, can't remember how far, to wish his parents a happy birthday, less of an excuse than Cummings, but no media hysteria about that, and he is in the shadow Cabinet, no moaning on here about it either, but then he is a member of the Sainted Kinnock family, EU enthusiast and a Labour Party member, axe grinding anyone?

laika

Visit site
May I suggest that there are at least two large threads on this topic in the "Current Affairs" and "COVID-19" sub-forums. The OP's politically-slanted though sailing based humour is one thing but political discussion without any sailing relevance belongs in the Lounge

(and if you can't see that maybe a quick blast over to Poole to check your eyesight might be in order)