We can sail 260 miles and stay in another place - Boris has defended it!

MJWF

Visit site
"
Is your journey necessary?
To help keep yourself and your fellow passengers safe, you should not travel if you:
That is the government guidance. Nothing about child care being an appropriate reason. No doubt Dom had other options for childcare a bit closer than Durham.

IIf we are to follow the guidance (which is all we have against staying on board a boat) then so should the governments most senior adviser.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
"
Is your journey necessary?
To help keep yourself and your fellow passengers safe, you should not travel if you:
That is the government guidance. Nothing about child care being an appropriate reason. No doubt Dom had other options for childcare a bit closer than Durham.

IIf we are to follow the guidance (which is all we have against staying on board a boat) then so should the governments most senior adviser.
"You should not travel" not "you must not travel" ..... the reason being that the rules allow for other overriding circumstances, and always have done. :)

Richard

[163233]

Visit site
"You should not travel" not "you must not travel" ..... the reason being that the rules allow for other overriding circumstances, and always have done. :)

Richard

There were no overriding circumstances, he didn't have to travel himself, he's part of the frigging government, he doesn't run a corner shop. The man has resources coming out of his arse he's that full of other options, he leaves a trail of them along the carpet like a dog with an itch.

Last edited:
Visit site
We've had two months of the media telling us every day what they think the regulations said rather than anyone actually reading what they did say. I've taken very little notice of any of it, carried on walking the dogs and going to the shops just as before and not broken any law. And not caught or transmitted any germs either.

The world has gone mad, probably because a lot of it can't actually read despite transmitting endlessly on FB.

BTW in under another month you'll be struggling to find a Covid case in the UK. That's what happens to epidemics.

Visit site
Or struggling to breath...
Have you had it or know anyone who has had it, or know anyone who knows anyone else who's had it, or have you just read about it? We've all read about it. No-one I know has known anyone who's had any contact with it. It's just media hype but it's saved them from having to report any other news for the past couple of months.

[163233]

Visit site
Have you had it or know anyone who has had it, or know anyone who knows anyone else who's had it, or have you just read about it? We've all read about it. No-one I know has known anyone who's had any contact with it. It's just media hype but it's saved them from having to report any other news for the past couple of months.
Boris and Cummings have had it.

laika

Visit site
Might I remind the forum that 260 statute miles is only 225 nautical. Still, for the solent-based that should open up access to the creches of Brest should we find ourselves with no other childcare options.

It does seem that all this "staying home" and "Not going sailing" we've been doing for the past couple of months was completely unnecessary. If only we'd known about the "acting on instinct" exception....

On ne demande pas à une mouette apprivoisée pourquoi elle éprouve le besoin de disparaître de temps en temps vers la pleine mer. Elle y va, c’est tout, et c’est aussi simple qu’un rayon de soleil, aussi normal que le bleu du ciel.

Laysula

www.stevehuntdrivinginstructor.co.uk
My friend, a fit 53 year old died from it.

BrendanS

Visit site

chriss999

sailing-chinee.com

Richard

So what is to stop us all ignoring all of the rules and starting up our normal lives, visiting family, going to parties, visiting sick relatives and all the other things that we were told were banned?

Either we are all on it together, or it is every man for himself and the devil takes the hindmost.

Ed spooling

Ulysses II

Visit site
Are you for real? In answer to your question, my ITU colleagues have been looking after large numbers of people with Covid19. About half of the ITU patients die. If you were trying to be ironic, you failed.