Wanted: *Any* Info on the Petter AC1W starter motor/solenoid. Make? Model? Spares?

tehcurrymonstah

Visit site
Helping some friends get their Petter AC1W pocket cruiser back on the open water.

Volts and Earth seem ok as far as solenoid, but not even a click, and visible manufacturer or part number. No manual.

Looking to repair if possible, or replace, so would appreciate any clue as to make/model of part(s), link to manual or reputable vendors of common spare parts for these.

Cheers!

Mark.

tehcurrymonstah

Visit site
Thanks PVB.. We already have that manual, and the service manual, but need to find out who actually makes the starter&solenoid.. There seems to be only one for sale, and that at a rather extravagant amount.. So need to find the manufacturer, and then hopefully service doc and spares for that. :-/

I've done quite a lot of prior vintage engine rebuilds, including a couple of Listers that worked for a decade *non stop*, dirt/water in fuel aside.. (wasn't my setup, I jsut got em working..) but usually hand crank, cord, or kick start, rather than electric start.

It does look like a Lucas part number of that kind of age, but I can't find an exact match.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Thanks PVB.. We already have that manual, and the service manual, but need to find out who actually makes the starter&solenoid.. There seems to be only one for sale, and that at a rather extravagant amount.. So need to find the manufacturer, and then hopefully service doc and spares for that. :-/

I've done quite a lot of prior vintage engine rebuilds, including a couple of Listers that worked for a decade *non stop*, dirt/water in fuel aside.. (wasn't my setup, I jsut got em working..) but usually hand crank, cord, or kick start, rather than electric start.

It does look like a Lucas part number of that kind of age, but I can't find an exact match.
These parts are usually common with items used on cars and vans so my first port of call would be a local parts distributor. Take the starter and solenoid with you and you may be surprised. I did this here in Scotland when needing a solenoid for an MD2B and found it was a common part in the motor trade and a fraction of the price charged by Volvo. In Scotland Dingbro and others but there will be similar distributors elsewhere who can make sense of all those numbers stamped on the parts.

Have you tried Lister Petter?

https://www.listerpetter.com/distributors/

Bilgediver

Visit site
Can it be overhauled at an auto electrical/rewind establishment?
Yes there are places around that can do this and the best place to start is to Google for auto electric overhauls,rewinding in your area. Not as many of these places as there used to be.

Last edited: