Waiting at locks?

ianc1200

Visit site
I hope to bring my cruiser back from Bradwell to Hurley this week, having been away since April. Having read about waiting for so many minutes for another boat to conserve water, is that still an issue, or is it likely to happen at this time of year, particularly midweek? Last year did Bradwell leaving at 5:30am, arriving at Miss Lindsay's Lawn Shepperton about 8pm, and Shepperton to Hurley the next day & retrieved car from Bradwell, I wondered whether I should allow a bit of extra time for lock holdups.

IanC
(MY Straight Across, Byron & Pheran may remember us from when we were in the Oxford Ditch CC)

byron

RIP
Visit site
Yes! I remember you, you would like the new Vice Commodore of the Ditch. He's a piss artiste too /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Water conservation not a problem at the moment you should get straight through.

Chris_d

Visit site
You won't have a problem queuing now, but you may struggle to find a lock-keeper, they're finishing early, taking erratic lunch breaks and generaly seem to take some coaxing out of their huts at the moment /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ianc1200

Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Nothings changed then!

Decided to go 6am Wednesday, get to the Spitway buoys at LW, plenty of tide to get up to Teddigton & beyond before it gets too dark.

IanC

neale

Visit site
Just returned from 10 days on the Thames. Locks were operating on request. Lock times 09.00 to 17.00 with lunch break 13.00 - 14.00. Had a few occasions where we had to operate the locks ourselves cos the keeper was either busy doing other things, had his lunch break outside of the normal slot or just wasn't around for any known reason. Generally locking both ways was quick and pain free.