Volvo TAMD 73/74 and 75 ECU - Cause for concern?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
It's not just older engines that suffer from Volvo Penta spares problems. My boat is <12 months old, 2x Volvo D4s. It has developed a problem with traces of fuel detected in the coolant on one engine, warranty repair accepted by Volvo and in hand with well known South Coast VP agent. Diagnosis is cracked injector pocket (? correct term). Anyway, it's a head off job to fix it, that's been dismantled and now they can't get the bits. So the boat is out of service until the parts can sourced. What a PITA.

Seastoke

Visit site
Better than coolant in the engine oil good luck , if it was a Volvo car you would get a loan vehicle, ask for compo

Megs20Burt!

Visit site
It's not just older engines that suffer from Volvo Penta spares problems. My boat is <12 months old, 2x Volvo D4s. It has developed a problem with traces of fuel detected in the coolant on one engine, warranty repair accepted by Volvo and in hand with well known South Coast VP agent. Diagnosis is cracked injector pocket (? correct term). Anyway, it's a head off job to fix it, that's been dismantled and now they can't get the bits. So the boat is out of service until the parts can sourced. What a PITA.
Same with ours, waiting for spares...

westernman

www.devalk.nl
The boat show argument as to why Volvo Penta were supposedly better than alternative engine options was that there were agents all over Europe and that you could get things fixed rapidly.

Seems that argument does not wash any more.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Just been told by dealer no oil air or fuel filters available for 10 weeks for compact engines , that’s the 2040 series and more .
What a joke .

Solent Sailor

Visit site
Main dealer oil and filters is the biggest confidence trick going. None of them make their own products, everything is rebadged. Ensure that you buy from a reputable manufacturer and of the correct spec (e.g. VDS 4) and most likely you are buying the same product (or better) for half the money.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Main dealer oil and filters is the biggest confidence trick going. None of them make their own products, everything is rebadged. Ensure that you buy from a reputable manufacturer and of the correct spec (e.g. VDS 4) and most likely you are buying the same product (or better) for half the money.
Until it comes to warranty claims! Outside of warranty..absolutely

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com

Imperial One

www.imperial-yachtbrokers.com
Good afternoon everyone.
I took part in a most informative meeting with Volvo this morning.
I understand that a prototype replacement is in build and they are in discussions with companies to produce them again.
Delivery is still on target for Q3.

In the meantime, because of the reach that we have achieved in this Forum (thank you all ), I have been asked by Volvo Penta if I can ask anybody out there who has a dead or alive ECU for the following engines sitting on a shelf or in their garage to send it back to Volvo for testing and return to you again once this is done.

If you have a unit for either of the following engine types ONLY please contact me direct at michael@imperial-yachtbrokers.com and I will put you in contact with the relevant people at Volvo.
TAMD 72P-A
TAMD 73P-A

Thank you all again fo ryou support an ongoing interest in thi smatter.

Mike.

andy59

Visit site
Thanks for taking the trouble to keep everyone informed Imperial 1, all sounds promising, let’s hope VP get it sorted and we can all be big fans of their after sales support again.