Volvo TAMD 41b Water Damage in Dry Storage?

Duckydiver

Visit site
Frost Damaged TAMD 41B completely reconditioned and dry stored for approx 8 years
Following 8 years in dry covered storage potential buyer hired a mechanic to assess and start engine prior to purchase. ( unfortunately I was not present while this was happening)
The hose outlets were plugged and engine filled with coolant water, but it failed to start due to fuel problem.
Following a phone call from the mechakic, I instructed to have the injector pump and injectors to be removed for reconditioning.
The engine remained in storage for further two years, Two weeks ago i was preparing it to ship to a buyer and on checking it out found it very difficult to turn over.
Suspecting a problem I dismantled it and removed the head to find water ingress in three cylinders.
Some surface rust was evident and I suspect the damage was caused as the coolant was not drained prior to removing the injectors which on removal loodened three of the inkector sleeves thus causing the problem.
I have cleaned off all the surface rust relapped the valves and cleaned out the cylinders and removed the surface rust No damage or pitting on linfers but one piston cup has been slurface eroded and needs to be replaced.I will pull all the pistons to ensure that the rings are all ok.
I have failed to locate a single piston (Volvo Kits Only) after many seardhes online Can anyone advise me on where I can get one, even a good secondhand one still within spec???
Second problem, Can anybody advise me re riplacement of injectors, Do the sleeves have to be removed and replaced with new ) O rings and seating washer??
What is the procedure for doing this and what specialest tools are required? Unfortunately I don't have as yet a workshop manual for this engine. Thought I had bought one from eManuals but on download it was for a more modern Volvo engine. they did not have it available and I had one heck of a job getting a refund. Notified Paypal and eventualy got it.
Info on source of individual parts and speciliast tools and manual welcom.e