Volvo Saildrive 110S

Jeannius

Visit site
Ok, thanks. I'll resort to more drastic measures then. The previous owner clearly haven't changed the anode too often as there is precious little left of it. And I'm always a bit cautious on applying much force unless I know that that's the way to go :)
In my experience they often don't last much more than a year so it may not indicate a lack of maintenance.

Dipper

Visit site
My 120S has the line cutter as well and it just slides on and off. It's possible there is some marine growth on the inside holding it in place. I often find what looks like calcified worm casts inside mine. I wonder if a limescale remover (vinegar) would help to loosen it up?

Tranona

Visit site
Looking at the diagram VicS kindly provided, I suspect that my disc has been spot welded to the axle. I'll take a closer look this evening and report.

Yes, That is how they are made. As suggested it is probably stuck on with deposits, particularly if the boat has not been used for some time. It is stainless on stainless so should be no corrosion. If by any chance you do damage it, the later sleeve is the same dimensions, or you could get one machined up in a local engineering shop. You do not need the disc bit.

venntim

Visit site
Thank you for all your helpful comments so far. To clarify, the disc thing is welded to a sleeve that is slipped over the axle? I can't see the sleeve on the diagram, I assumed that number 27 was welded to 15. Which would be a bad idea if you want to remove it. But as I said, I'll investigate further.

If nothing else helps, is there a reason why I couldn't dremel the disc off? Of course, I'd like to do it the right way, but you never know...

scottie

Visit site
Ironically the biggest problem is the spacer linecutter sticking to the prop when you remove the prop putting the prop down is enough to dislodge the spacer .
The number of people who have refitted the prop and would swear blind that there never was one but could not understand why the prop rattled up and down.
If you damage the cutter part in removing the spacer don't worry the replacement comes without it.

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com

ww07ff

Visit site
I have searched Volvo penta site looking for a maintenance manual for the 110S saildrive. It seems to have dropped off their radar probably due to age. Does anyone know where I could source one please?

I am assuming regular changing of the gear oil and the ring anode are the essentials. Are there any other routine tasks?

Thanks
Hi Sawdoc! Did you get it? Could you please share a Google Drive sharing link here (or from your favorite cloud service).
Tks a lot!

Teko

Visit site
Hi Sawdoc! Did you get it? Could you please share a Google Drive sharing link here (or from your favorite cloud service).
Tks a lot!

I have a PDF of the workshop manual. Well insay o it's more a case of I have access to it via the leisure owners website. If you PM me your email address I'll send it over.

Jon

Quandary

Visit site
Sawdoc keeps his boat in Galway and lives among the Fields of Athenry where it is still the dead of winter, so be may not check in here that often. If you need to contact him PM me with your email address and I will give him your email and ask him if he wants to contact you.
I was looking for similar information regarding a saildrive a year or two ago and was able to find it just by googling it.

ww07ff

Visit site
I have a PDF of the workshop manual. Well insay o it's more a case of I have access to it via the leisure owners website. If you PM me your email address I'll send it over.

Jon
Hi Jon
I tried to PM you, but I couldn't do it, this forum website has shown me the message: "Oops! We ran into some problems."
My email is: ww07ff@gmail.com
A friend of mine refitted his Volvo MD11 engine, but after thigthen up the screws on it's Saildrive 110S head to connect them together, the engine fails to start. When he loosen up the screws, the engine starts normally.
So, I will check this manual and try to help him.
I really appreciate your help

Teko

Visit site
Hi Jon
I tried to PM you, but I couldn't do it, this forum website has shown me the message: "Oops! We ran into some problems."
My email is: ww07ff@gmail.com
A friend of mine refitted his Volvo MD11 engine, but after thigthen up the screws on it's Saildrive 110S head to connect them together, the engine fails to start. When he loosen up the screws, the engine starts normally.
So, I will check this manual and try to help him.
I really appreciate your help
I've emailed you the pdf. Fingers crossed you get it sorted.
Jon

ww07ff

Visit site
I would like to tks
Sawdoc keeps his boat in Galway and lives among the Fields of Athenry where it is still the dead of winter, so be may not check in here that often. If you need to contact him PM me with your email address and I will give him your email and ask him if he wants to contact you.
I was looking for similar information regarding a saildrive a year or two ago and was able to find it just by googling it.

Thanks for offering me help!