Volvo penta kad44 only revs to 1200rpm

Perry8007

Visit site
Hi
I have a kad44 that’s been rebuilt have put motor back in boat but will only rev to 1200 rpm
Have put a new pump on her and had injectors serviced
Turbo been rebuilt
Boat is a 8mt white pointer trailer boat
Have tried another ecu still the same
Have cleaned all plugs
has new belts on it
Supercharger is coming on
Have calibrated the throttle
There are no faults cords coming up at all
The first start when cold takes about 1 minute to start then starts good when warm
When you push neutral button for fast run still only 1200 should be 1500 I think
You can push throttle into forward it goes into gear still will only rev to 1200
Have checked o rings on turbo tube all good
Would love some help
Thanks perry

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Boost sensor failed inside ECU , or pipe not connected from inlet manifold or blocked .
super charger should give you 2600 to 3000 rpm before turbo cuts in .
could also be fuel blockage .
have you connected fuel hoses correct , fuel from filter to inlet side of lift pump .
There is also a fuel banjo connector you can fit incorrectly that will still allow fuel in but at a restricted flow , this should be connected to outlet hose top of injection pump . That will keep you busy .

Perry8007

Visit site
Hi Paul
Have changed the whole ecc still the same
Have bypassed all fuel filters and put the hose out of tank straight onto pump still only 1200
You can push the throttle forward slowly get to just before blower comes on
Maybe 1350 rpm as soon as blower comes on revs drop to 1200 and shakes a little bit
I have checked the tube to the bottom of ecu to the manafold and blown compressed air into the tube still 1200
Has a new lift pump fitted fuel comes cot of fuel filter bleed screw lift about 500 ml lots of fuel comes up
Have cleaned all fuel lines
Thanks perry

Perry8007

Visit site
Boost sensor failed inside ECU , or pipe not connected from inlet manifold or blocked .
super charger should give you 2600 to 3000 rpm before turbo cuts in .
could also be fuel blockage .
have you connected fuel hoses correct , fuel from filter to inlet side of lift pump .
There is also a fuel banjo connector you can fit incorrectly that will still allow fuel in but at a restricted flow , this should be connected to outlet hose top of injection pump . That will keep you busy .
Thanks paul
Have tried another ecu and tried another boost sensor
Have cleaned out the pipe from boost sensor and blown air into pipe still 1200
No fault codes coming up at all no smoke as well
Have bypassed all filters and put fuel pick u straight to pump with a hand pump still the same
The injector ump has been sent away and tested eats all specs
Pump has been timed to 1ml lift flywheel was locked
You can push throttle forward slowly before blower comes on 1350
When blower comes in revs drop to 1000to 1200
Don’t know what else to do or look at
Everything tells me it’s in the pump but it been on the test bed twice now
Some is telling the pump what to do but every thing is working
You can unplug the flywheel sensor fault code comes up replug clear code start
Thanks

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Thanks paul
Have tried another ecu and tried another boost sensor
Have cleaned out the pipe from boost sensor and blown air into pipe still 1200
No fault codes coming up at all no smoke as well
Have bypassed all filters and put fuel pick u straight to pump with a hand pump still the same
The injector ump has been sent away and tested eats all specs
Pump has been timed to 1ml lift flywheel was locked
You can push throttle forward slowly before blower comes on 1350
When blower comes in revs drop to 1000to 1200
Don’t know what else to do or look at
Everything tells me it’s in the pump but it been on the test bed twice now
Some is telling the pump what to do but every thing is working
You can unplug the flywheel sensor fault code comes up replug clear code start
Thanks
You need dealer with diagnostic key to carry out a live run data check that will tell you what’s going off .

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Yes , you can compare load against throttle position , read boost pressure , air inlet temp which I am wondering if that’s the problem , it may be telling the ecu the inlet temp is too high .
There is also a water temp edc sensor which again either due to it not giving the correct temp to the ecu could be a bad connection , the sensors only give a fault code when you unplug or there is a break in the wire.
You can test the resistance across the terminals to determine if it’s faulty but you will need the workshop manual to obtain the resistance figures that relate to temp.
Easy just to plug in and read off the data , which when the engine is cold or hot should compare to the dash temp gauge .

I’ve had in the past the boost temp reading high which backs off the fuel along with the water temp.

The flywheel sensor will still allow the engine to rev, as will the number one injector tdc sensor assuming you have one fitted , the 44 A didn’t .

Perry8007

Visit site
Yes , you can compare load against throttle position , read boost pressure , air inlet temp which I am wondering if that’s the problem , it may be telling the ecu the inlet temp is too high .
There is also a water temp edc sensor which again either due to it not giving the correct temp to the ecu could be a bad connection , the sensors only give a fault code when you unplug or there is a break in the wire.
You can test the resistance across the terminals to determine if it’s faulty but you will need the workshop manual to obtain the resistance figures that relate to temp.
Easy just to plug in and read off the data , which when the engine is cold or hot should compare to the dash temp gauge .

I’ve had in the past the boost temp reading high which backs off the fuel along with the water temp.

The flywheel sensor will still allow the engine to rev, as will the number one injector tdc sensor assuming you have one fitted , the 44 A didn’t .
thanks again
we are trying to hunt a scoop down we don't have a Volvo dealer here in Napier closest here is 5 hours towing away
don't no the blower wont rev make here rev
thanks

Perry8007

Visit site
We are going to try another flywheel sensor
If not that then will pull the front covers off and check timing marks
If they are all good then will look at the pump again
We are still trying to get the voda scoop
Thanks perry

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Is neutral light bulb working .
Does the light go out when you select gears.
If not engine still thinks it’s in neutral and won’t rev .
Possibly neutral switch fault , switch may be in control head as well as shift actuator .

Perry8007

Visit site
Hi
Yep neutral light flashing when in fast run in neutral won’t get to 1500 rpm
Yes light goes out when push throttle forward still only 1200
That’s hey we think flywheel sensor

kashurst

Visit site
Do you have the engine manuals?
There are 3 for that engine, One specifically for the fuel injection system and it explains how to test each sensor.
If you need them, send me a PM with an email address and I will email them back to you.