Volvo EC Control

Lady Sally

Visit site
One of my EC Controls is starting to do silly things; power down engines when I am miles from nowhere etc etc. I am advised to change the EC unit - anyone out there now of one for sale (already tried Coastal Rides) I think the part number is: Volvo Penta Control system 3860487. Alternatively anyone had one repaired - apparently they can be repaired! Thanks.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
There are couple of Volvo Penta FB Groups. I'd ask on there to see if anyone has one or knows of a repairer. Might also be worth removing the lid to see what's inside. If it's full of resin then I would think that the chances of a repair are remote.

gery w

Visit site
Apparently I purchased the last one of these available in European dealer network last year to replace one which wouldn't power up.

Have you checked for error codes? it could be a potentiometer, actuator, gear/throttle cable or a power supply problem.

The other option is to swap the lot out for a vetus or glendinning system.

la rever

Visit site
Apparently I purchased the last one of these available in European dealer network last year to replace one which wouldn't power up.

Have you checked for error codes? it could be a potentiometer, actuator, gear/throttle cable or a power supply problem.

The other option is to swap the lot out for a vetus or glendinning system.
Hi
I've got the same problem and have sent my panel away for repairs. If successful I will pass on the details. If not what is the replacement system you mention