Volvo D1-13

Cowie

Visit site
After wintering the boat the engine turns 180 degrees and wont turn further when trying to starting it. Thoughts are sticking valve engine make Volvo D1-13.

Tranona

Visit site
Better to pose this sort of question on the PBO forum as you get a much wider audience including people who know about engines.

However probably need more information as if the engine will not turn over it is likely to be far more than a stuck valve. To check whether it is seized you need to remove the injectors and see if it turns over by hand - with a spanner on the pulley nut.

Cowie

Visit site
Better to pose this sort of question on the PBO forum as you get a much wider audience including people who know about engines.

However probably need more information as if the engine will not turn over it is likely to be far more than a stuck valve. To check whether it is seized you need to remove the injectors and see if it turns over by hand - with a spanner on the pulley nut.
Much appreciated on the feed back I fear it maybe something deeper but will remove the injectors.
Keep you posted

VicS

Visit site
Much appreciated on the feed back I fear it maybe something deeper but will remove the injectors.
Keep you posted

I think I would remove the glow plugs rather than the injectors if the only reason is to decompress the engine to allow it to be easily turned by hand

If you take the top cover off you will be able to check on the valves before you go any further