Vivacity 20

Freya2

Visit site
Hi all can any one tell me about the early vivacity 20 deck fittings pics would be great as i have just got a shell and am trying to restor her she's got rubber around windows

TC Tuckton

Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed my time with a Vivacity 20.

Possibly because of variations in the GRP thickness I found the rubber H section was a source of leaks so replaced the windows with oversized tinted perspex windows screwed onto sealant around the openings.
The snub winches for the jib sheets were adequate but proper winches would have been nice
The sea toilet was a "Ball Head" where the bowl was mounted directly above a hole in the hull with a simple slide valve the only security. Surprisingly that never gave problems.

Freya2

Visit site

Possibly because of variations in the GRP thickness I found the rubber H section was a source of leaks so replaced the windows with oversized tinted perspex windows screwed onto sealant around the openings.
The snub winches for the jib sheets were adequate but proper winches would have been nice
The sea toilet was a "Ball Head" where the bowl was mounted directly above a hole in the hull with a simple slide valve the only security. Surprisingly that never gave problems.
Hi thanks for that I have noticed that the rubbers have shrunk and are upside down .
Photos of the type of deck fittings is what I need as most of them are missing I got a bow roller which will fit made a mast foot going to make furling boom . and taking off years of old paint to get back to gelcote .

VicS

Visit site
Hi thanks for that I have noticed that the rubbers have shrunk and are upside down .
Photos of the type of deck fittings is what I need as most of them are missing I got a bow roller which will fit made a mast foot going to make furling boom . and taking off years of old paint to get back to gelcote .

Upside down ??????

scottie

Visit site

Many years ago I was tasked with launching a new boat which filled almost immediately due to water pouring in through a 3 to 4 inch hole in the the fore cabin . Luckily there was a new halyard still in its poly bag which I stuffed in the hole whilst I recovered the boat
The owner had specifically said no toilet as he did not want water leaks
Over the years I remembered this incident but could not out the configuration as I never saw another Balltoilet so thanks for putting this to bed for me

Freya2

Visit site
hi the join was at the top of window in stead of bottom and due to age they have shrunk leaving a cap between ends if the join is at bottom water run round and drips out rather than in to the boat but thanks to all for info given

PetiteFleur

Visit site
On my Vivacity 20 I replaced the rubbers on the windows. A tip when replacing the rubber, make it longer by about 1" or longer so it is a tight fit. Also fit the special filler strip using the special tool, again make it over length.

VicS

Visit site
hi the join was at the top of window in stead of bottom and due to age they have shrunk leaving a cap between ends if the join is at bottom water run round and drips out rather than in to the boat but thanks to all for info given
Sorry I missed your reply to my query

It is correct for the join to be at the top Seems illogical I know but that is how it should be.
The rubbers should be cut 3/8" over length, after ensuring that they are snugged in firmly all round and not stretched at all. The cut ends are then forced together to give a watertight joint.

The join in the in fill strip should be at the bottom.