visiting Fowey next week

CLB

Visit site
No marina in Fowey. All visitor moorings are mid river on pontoon or buoy. Falmouth OTOH, has at least four marinas. I personally like Mylor, but its a long way from town. the other three are all on the town waterfront.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Hi Seastoke. My farm overlooks Mylor and I visit Fowey regularly, so my opinion for what its worth.
Fowey, as mentioned above, has no marina but does have visitor pontoons. The ones by the town are alright but it is busier there - on and off the water. I prefer the pontoon at Mixtow. It is very quiet, about half a mile above the Bodinnick car ferry. It has loos and showers ashore, but up a steep nip. There is a cafe there and it is a half mile walk across fields to the pub by the ferry. You can cross by foot on the car ferry to get into town. Or a lovely walk is from Mixtow to Polruan, foot ferry to Fowey and then back to the boat.
Falmouth. The Premier Marina is nice but it is a long walk from the town. Most of a mile, but flat. There is the Harbour Commissioners one and Pendennis at the end of the town nearest the docks and castle, also nearest pubs, shops and restaurants and the Maritime Museum.
Mylor. It is a lovely spot with a nice vibe and good facilities. Chandlers, etc too. There is Mylor Yacht Club, Cafe Mylor and Castaways Bistro. Lovely walks over and around the headland to Flushing where there is a foot ferry to Falmouth, couple of pubs, bistro and village shop. Mylor Bridge is at the head of the creek, a level walk of 20-30 minutes from the harbour. Good village shops.
Hope this helps.

Seastoke

Visit site
Hi Seastoke. My farm overlooks Mylor and I visit Fowey regularly, so my opinion for what its worth.
Fowey, as mentioned above, has no marina but does have visitor pontoons. The ones by the town are alright but it is busier there - on and off the water. I prefer the pontoon at Mixtow. It is very quiet, about half a mile above the Bodinnick car ferry. It has loos and showers ashore, but up a steep nip. There is a cafe there and it is a half mile walk across fields to the pub by the ferry. You can cross by foot on the car ferry to get into town. Or a lovely walk is from Mixtow to Polruan, foot ferry to Fowey and then back to the boat.
Falmouth. The Premier Marina is nice but it is a long walk from the town. Most of a mile, but flat. There is the Harbour Commissioners one and Pendennis at the end of the town nearest the docks and castle, also nearest pubs, shops and restaurants and the Maritime Museum.
Mylor. It is a lovely spot with a nice vibe and good facilities. Chandlers, etc too. There is Mylor Yacht Club, Cafe Mylor and Castaways Bistro. Lovely walks over and around the headland to Flushing where there is a foot ferry to Falmouth, couple of pubs, bistro and village shop. Mylor Bridge is at the head of the creek, a level walk of 20-30 minutes from the harbour. Good village shops.
Hope this helps.
Are you in Galant

Seastoke

Visit site
Hope this helps.
So if you were keeping your boat in Falmouth which .marina gets most sun in the summer I mean

willbank

Visit site
BTW there’s an excellent piece on the marinas around Falmouth in the latest (or 2nd latest) issue of Motorboat & Yachting. But the key info is as mentioned above.

Seastoke

Visit site
Well what do you think of Fowey
Well quite nice , we are looking for marina to keep the boat next season . Pendenis and the one next to it , is it the haven I can’t see where you park your car and security looks poor. Mylor looks very nice a good way from town though .
You obviously havent been to the chippy have you?
well when I am ready to come home , it will be essential.