Virtual Regatta

Triassic

Visit site
Is anyone else on here playing on Virtual Regatta whilst they can't do the real thing? Our yacht club has just started running a few races on there and it's proving good fun. Not really sailing but a great way to stay in touch and as a bonus you get to break loads of rules and learn new tactics you wouldn't dare do in a real boat.....or at least not one you paid for!

ditchcrawler

Visit site
I have been doing it a couple of weeks now. I am better with the Star and Offshore racer as being older my finger dexterity is not great . I am getting to grips with the J 70 now but the downwind gybing angles are still a mystery. I couldn’t get the hang of the high speed catamaran at all.
Certain racing rules seem not to exist especially rule 16 changing course giving other boats room to keep clear. I have been taken out several times. Some of the competitors are cutthroats.

Supine Being

Visit site
I just discovered it when they gave VIP access to my club (and all the other ones) to organise races. A bit of a master stroke in marketing in my opinion.

It's not a bad waste of time. Anyone fancy joining a YBW league?