VG Tracker...

RobbieW

Visit site
Is there a good tracker for the Vendée Globe ? The one on thier website is, frankly, pants. It doesn't render well on either phone or laptop. The Yellow Brick tracker works well but doesn't have the VG

MikeBz

Visit site
Anyone using the Vendee Globe iOS app? When I run it it says "Error. Unknown error (4864)." and does nothing useful at all.

MikeBz

Visit site
It's unbelievable that an event of this magnitude & profile with big sponsors and vast numbers of followers can't get a decent app, tracking system or website working until some time after the start of the race (and before the finish we hope).

This morning on vendeeglobe.org if I click on the 'See tracking map' link I get "404 Error. Page requested doesn't longer exists" ( yes those exact words).

RobbieW

Visit site
Hmm, tracker seems responsive on Android/Chrome looking via the official VG site or AT's site.
The VG "app" just seems to open the website, although it can give push notifications.
I'm getting the impression it was overloaded yesterday, today the official site is more responsive which makes it easier to figure out how it works. Overall it seems designed to use on a tablet, on a phone its all too crammed together. On the PC, once you've figured the use of icons, it becomes usable. oh and you're right, the 'app' is just a link to the website.

Martin_J

Visit site
The link to the cartography works on the French version of the official site. As you say, the map on the English version gives 404 error.
Try the link below for the English version of the tracking map...

Corrected Vendee globe English tracker

Unfortunately clicking on the Ranking tab and then back to the map doesn't then work. Best to bookmark the URL until it gets corrected.

Rappey

Visit site
I found if you go straight to the hubs tracker it shows 404 error but if you can find a link to it in their site it works.
The 404 route does work if you wait..
Was very Laggy on tablet but worked very well on my pc.

Martin_J

Visit site
Remember the current rankings look strange because they're giving furthest along the rhumb line so the ones further back on a more southerly line look to be ahead!

RobbieW

Visit site
I found if you go straight to the hubs tracker it shows 404 error but if you can find a link to it in their site it works.
The 404 route does work if you wait..
Was very Laggy on tablet but worked very well on my pc.
The tracker seems to work best in 'Full Screen' mode on the PC, top icon on the RH side

Martin_J

Visit site
What also appears to be good is that when the website tracking is updated it includes the data points that have not shown over the previous few hours, so you can see where the recent tacks actually took place.

Mudisox

Visit site
Is there a thread somewhere where one comments on the Race so far and the choices open? I was willing Alex to cross over to the other side of the front which he did, and Sam seems to be doing well to, until just now.