Vendee Globe and Alex Thomson / Hugo Boss

flaming

Visit site
Definitely dropping back through the fleet. His boat is being passed by arguably ‘slower’ boats. Fingers crossed there aren’t any problems.
They are going upwind. Alex has made no secret of the fact that they have optimised for downwind more than the other boats. No cause for alarm yet.

matt1

Visit site
Charal heading back to Les Sables after damaging rudder. So that must be Beyou out. Sad for him. This is such a harsh sport

cherod

Visit site
shame about Charal . it is a lovely boat ,, yes HB is going well , 17 knts !! but watch out for Mayenne , doing 14 , and Le Cam is well positioned but only doing 10 at moment ,,

cherod

Visit site
According to his website Alex has only had 15 minutes of sleep in nearly 3 days. Mad!
absolutely ,, ( i have done best part of 3 days myself but not racing !! ) and he doesnt even seem to have a chair to sit in !! ( cost cutting i suppose o_O

Seven Spades

Visit site
Alex is the fastest boat in the fleet at the moment he has covered the most distance inthe last four hours. Shame about Charal he was the favourite I believe.

Seven Spades

Visit site
Anyone know what the MMSI number for Hugo Boss is, I can't see it on Marine Traffic even it is is out of range no vessel shows up with that name, is Hugo Boss a pseudonym?