Various Useful Yacht bits for sale

global_odyssey

Visit site
I've the following New Unused surplus items going cheap on e bay...
AquaSignal 40 (20m) Bi-Colour - 4525965382
Spinlock PX Powercleat - 4525965978
2-Off Barton Size 3 Cheek Blocks - 4525965577
26m 12mm Polyester Braided rope - 4525965269
15m 8mm Polyester Braided Rope - 4525965129
Boat sold for now, Canada-bound soon! - Bargains to be had - thought I'd give you the details before you waste money at the chandleries!

Joe_Cole

Visit site
Ditto.

If I want to look on E-Bay then I'll go there, but time and time again we are getting postings like this. They are only being put here in the hope that it will get more people bidding and push the price up.

You wouldn't put an advert on a club notice board referring members to an E bay auction, so why do it here?

jmp

Visit site
Concur with Joe & others.I think some short while ago I tried to buy one of your offerings ,and was outsmarted by an"ebay"regular,and would probhably have paid more given the opportunity . I am not prepared to waste my time again.

Michael

global_odyssey

Visit site
I concur with some of your thoughts - However, I have found ebay is a good place to sell things with a structured procedure, easy payment methods and little aggravation.
I've also tried selling directly on YBW before with very poor results and a lot of wasted time! (time I cannot spare at present.)

For those of you who ARE interested in the spare items I have for sale (and a lot of people are), then I've at least given you an opportunity that you might not otherwise have had to buy items at a substantial saving.
This suits a lot of people.
However, like some others of you here, it doesn't necessarily suit you. That's your call.
And, yes, I'd use a club notice-board in the same way. I wouldn't do it very often, but if I did, then the benefits to you are potentially as great as the benefits to me.

Anyway, I am sorry to have upset some of you. You are of course entirely free to ignore such posts in the same way as I ignore the regular bombardment of 'non-boaty' posts on YBW, but don't have enough spare time to heap disrespect on those who deserve it! Sailing brings freedom to many - it takes all sorts, and too many rules can make things a little dull.