Used boat values

jlnfrench

Visit site
Yesterday the Daily Telegraph reccomended people in the process of buying houses reduce their offer by up to 20%. What is the prediction for boat prices?

Refueler

Visit site
It always depends on who has the upperhand at the time ... whether buyers or sellers market.

If you want a common boat - you can beat price down substantially - always have been able to .... but if its rather special and limited availability ? Your chances then are very lucky if you can.

Sadly such as DT making such comment to me is poor taste - coming on the back of reduced work / income ... casualties of virus ...

I know we all want gold for price of iron ... but on the backs of so much suffering ?

jlnfrench

Visit site
It always depends on who has the upperhand at the time ... whether buyers or sellers market.

If you want a common boat - you can beat price down substantially - always have been able to .... but if its rather special and limited availability ? Your chances then are very lucky if you can.

Sadly such as DT making such comment to me is poor taste - coming on the back of reduced work / income ... casualties of virus ...

I know we all want gold for price of iron ... but on the backs of so much suffering ?
I must say I thought it was a very poor piece of journalism given the current situation.

Greg2

Visit site
There are always people ready to capitalise on the misfortune of others, whether it is selling hard to get things at exorbitant prices or looking to buy cheap becasue someone is desperate to sell. Given the situation we are all in this sort of stuff just isn’t helpful and with no disrespect intended to the OP, speculative discussion on the subject is unlikely to do much to make Forumites, most of whom own boats, feel any better.

FWIW we recently advertised our boat for sale but now take the view that a sale is unlikely so we have the first world problem of sticking with our current, very nice, boat. It is bought and paid for so no associated financial difficulties but others won’t be in the same position so perhaps it would be better be to stay positive, avoid speculative opinions and let’s just see what happens. ?

BruceK

Visit site
Well, on a positive note when all this is over I think people will be rushing out to get to sea and enjoy their hobbies. Instead of going down it may just go up. I'm in the up brigade with all the other upstanding members. (y) If you want early dibs on my tub, I'm accepting offers at 200% of the asking price. Grab yourself a bargain now :cool:

philld

www.bitbucket.plus.com
Well, on a positive note when all this is over I think people will be rushing out to get to sea and enjoy their hobbies. Instead of going down it may just go up. I'm in the up brigade with all the other upstanding members. (y) If you want early dibs on my tub, I'm accepting offers at 200% of the asking price. Grab yourself a bargain now :cool:
And you haven't decided on the asking price yet! ;)

LBRodders

Visit site

comes with crew? :ROFLMAO:

ST840

Visit site
Let’s hope MDL reimburse those who have paid for the season already or at least reduce next season significantly !
Other marinas are available .

russ

Visit site
Not sure I agree, after all we pay to keep our boats in a marina and that hasn’t changed. My river licence fee is another mater though.

Not very likely for a reduction in fees. Seems a recession proof business as boats have to go somewhere.

Thousands of people will have very little money to survive on day to day let alone our luxury of boating in the future. I soon will no longer have an income to pay for it once the savings are gone but nowt we can do about it.
Not even had a proper chance to use it since the purchase in October.

Lets just get through this best we can and keep safe.

PDF

Visit site
Chap I know has just had his buyer pull out, he decided not to buy until the fuss is over.
I don't blame the people for dropping out. It's a tough call, my wife and I are in the process of buying our first boat and have had some serious discussions about pulling out ourselves. We've paid the deposit and were due a sea trial tomorrow, obviously on hold now but we're going to hang in there as it's a lovely boat. Feel a bit for the owners though as they're still paying the Marina fees.

Refueler

Visit site
I know it sounds bad from me ... but if your boat is sitting in the yard or marina berth - then pay for that as would normally. But I would consider that any other items such as lift in / out and various that get added into the annual fee could be refunded - as unused ? Or at least credited to time when things return to normal ?

I had an agreement for a while for so many lifts per year and berth fee as a single block fee per annum ... if I had that now - I would be asking for the money back on the lifts part.